Brewer Fanatic

04/20/2004 - Arizona (Dessens) @ Milwaukee (Sheets)

squarepusher
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is throwing 95 consistently, with his usual great curve. Only Steve Finley seems to be seeing the ball well, but he struck out last time. probably not as dominant as his Astros start, but it doesn't look like his back is hurting him too much!

I have no idea why Gonzalez doesn't just have his season ending surgery and be done with it. He is going to end up costing his team a lot of runs with his gimpy arm and I have to think that it will affect his bat sooner or later.

BTW, did anyone else notice Uecker call Ben Grieve "Ben Sheets" about three times during the broadcast? Somehow Sheets made a pitch that was hit off the wall in right to get thrown in to second by Ben Sheets. He must have been bustin' his ass to get out to right. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

BTW, did anyone else notice Uecker call Ben Grieve "Ben Sheets" about three times during the broadcast? Somehow Sheets made a pitch that was hit off the wall in right to get thrown in to second by Ben Sheets. He must have been bustin' his ass to get out to right. Ben Grieve is so slow and so dreadful with the glove I wouldn't be suprised if Sheets did make that catch, it couldn't have been Grieve. Another ugly play by Grive tonight letting a gapper hit almost to him get to the wall. I can't wait untill that experiment ends, he's stealing Ginters atbats.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I have no idea why Gonzalez doesn't just have his season ending surgery and be done with it. He is going to end up costing his team a lot of runs with his gimpy arm and I have to think that it will affect his bat sooner or later.

so his potential to hit .300+ with 30-40 homers isn't enough reason? He'll play all season if he can, and sometime in October he'll have Tommy John surgery. Then he should be ready by Opening day.

I was at the game. I few things:

Sure enough there were more than a few boos when Sexson came up to bat. It's a shame fans are getting so jaded they are looking for an excuse to boo.

Greive looks like a stone statue out there. A roller to the right of him turned into a double to the wall.

Jenkins bomb was sooooo high I was waiting for the RF to catch it. Instead it was an upper deck moon shot.

Sheets threw alot more curves, did he not?

BTW, I did not maximize utility with my horrible grammer in my first post in this thread. Very sorry http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That play by Grieve was just terrible. My 9 year old son probably has more range (and a better throwing arm).

Watching the game on tv, I too heard a smattering of boos when Richie came to the plate last night. Some people are just not happy if they aren't pissed or angry about something.

I thought that was quite odd myself endaround. Also, it seems like Yost doesn't mind hurting a players confidence if its Ben Grieve

Since when is pinch-hitting to get a LHP/RHB matchup a big bruiser to anyone's confidence?

Archived