Brewer Fanatic

04/20/2004 - Arizona (Dessens) @ Milwaukee (Sheets)

squarepusher

Just don't try to play it off telling stories like smoking it up was cool or still is, because it isn't.

---------

why? Who says so? You? Who made you God?

Im 27 and still enjoy a little bit of reefer. Not a big deal to me so what makes your opinion right and mine wrong?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go ahead and declare this the most off-topic game thread ever. Here's a couple game-related things to discuss:

1> Booing Richie Sexson would be about the stupidest thing I've ever heard a Brewer fan do. I mean seriously, he didn't do anything to draw our ire.

2> Keith Ginter is batting .391/.481/.696/1.177. Yeah it's a small sample, but that's just beautiful to look at. He's just a utility player and "at best a backup second baseman," though, right?

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

~Bill

Sheets vs. D-back hitters

Roberto Alomar . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .250 (2-8)

Danny Bautista . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .333 (1-3)

Greg Colbrunn . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .000 (0-1)

Bobby Estalella . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .333 (1-3)

Steve Finley . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .000 (0-3)

Luis Gonzalez . . . . . . . . . . . .375 (3-8, 1 HR)

Totals . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .269 (7-26, 1 HR)

BREWERS VS DESSENS

Gary Bennett . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .125 (1-8)

Brady Clark . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .333 (1-3)

Craig Counsell . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .000 (0-5)

Keith Ginter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .250 (1-4)

Wes Helms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .000 (0-3)

Geoff Jenkins . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .269 (7-22)

Scott Podsednik . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .333 (1-3)

Totals . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .229 (11-48)

bjames opened my eyes---I now promise to get high only in approved of ways. So only alcohol, tobacco, caffine, and "diet pills" for me!

---

no shyt,

talk about being hypocritical. he was probably drinking a beer as he was typing the post, or a cup of coffee or smoking a cigarette, while digesting his prozac for the day.

Just cause the so called government makes it illegal, doesnt mean its wrong in my book.

Hey hey heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy

And what is hypocritical? Do you even know the definition? You're right, I was drinking a beer from my office at the high school. Good one. Just because the government makes it illegal doesn't mean it's wrong in your book huh. You rebel you. I bet you're one of those people who thinks they know it all aren't you. Didn't listen to your teachers, parents, or coaches because hey, you make the rules. Maybe you just weren't brought up right and your parents are right next to you when you toke up.

It's fun to joke about it, but nothing about smoking pot is cool or right. So don't try, you sound like a moron, hey hey hey.....

How about we turn this post into a Brewers vs. Diamondbacks thread!!! Wouldn't that be something?!?

I agree with Bill that booing Sexson would be pretty dumb for Brewer fans to do. He gave his all here and played on losing team after losing team and never said boo or complained about it like some loser. He was very professional and still is and I wish him the best in Arizona. I just hope he goes 0 for the year against the Crew that's all.

"Our* fans better give him crap, or i will be pissed

i have to much pride for that @#%$ "

*edit

Let us not be like Philly's fans. Booing just to boo. There is a time and place, this is not one of them. Richie Sexson has been a class act. He worked his tail off for this franchise. Played every inning of every game last year for a last place team (with shotty knees). Has anyone accomplished that before? Every inning for a last place team.

He brought some excitement to Brewers, and like someone mentioned before netted us 6 solid players.

I ask you what would you rather have Sexson do.

Say, "Hey, I don't want to be traded. Please keep me around until my contract runs out and I will promise I will sign with the Brewers for millions less than other teams offer. Then, when Prince Fielder is ready I will gladly give up my 1st Basemen's mitt and pick up an outfielder's glove." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Give Richie Sexson the applause he deserves. It shouldn't be a minute long, but you darn well better stand up. However, you do have the right to boo him, but that is telling outsiders Milwaukee is a classless town. I would like to think differently however.

I started a thread in the off-topic forum regarding marijuana and 4:20, so that this one can get back to baseball. Have fun debating it fellas.

I just really want to see Sheets go out there and pitch well, pain free. I really don't see any of this years games as "must win."

utlitanionistic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh??

Utilitarianism - philosophic idea founded by J.S. Mill and Jeremy Bentham based on the idea that everything you do should be done for the greater happiness and the only thing that matters in life is happiness, and making sure the most people are happy.

To bring this to five degrees of off-topicness...

Bjames, have a beer.

Bjames, have a beer.

What is your problem! DROP IT!! Wow, coming from someone who's opinion I respect, disappointing. Let's talk baseball and not about losers can we?!? Afterall, that's what this site is for and what this forum is for. Go off-topic if you want.

Good post Senator,

I hope to see Sheets still throwing with his velocity up in the 95-97 area tonight without any problems with that back.

He didn't need to say anything disparaging about the Brewer organization after he left

He didn't say anything bad about the brewer organization, but he did complain about there being nothing to do in Milwaukee. That upset me a little, but not much.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

but he did complain about there being nothing to do in Milwaukee. That upset me a little, but not much.

When I heard he said that it didn't really upset me, I just kind of nodded my head and shrugged my shoulders and said to myself, well, he's got a point. Not too much to argue there. Milwaukee isn't exactly New York or LA.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I figured he was headed for utilitarianism, but it took me five minutes to try and pronounce the term he ended up at.

ut-li-tan-ee-un-iss-tic

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived