Brewer Fanatic

04/20/2004 - Arizona (Dessens) @ Milwaukee (Sheets)

squarepusher
Wow, how did a post for a baseball game turn into the dumbest post ever on brewerfan.net? I understand a little playful banter, but when people are seriously having a conversation about something illegal and putting it off as something cool that we used to do, then the conversation turns stupid. Way to be examples as adults. Just because some of you smoke or used to smoke pot, think or thought it was ok, and didn't get caught, doesn't make it right or legal for that matter. 4:20, ha ha, yeah, I was in middle school once too, get over it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I used to live in Phoenix and one of the DJ's would always play Bob Marley at 4:20pm. He never explicitly said why but everyone knew what he was doing.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

bjamesw22 is absolutely right. I had no intentions of smoking at 4:20 today, but now that I see how rebellious and cool it is, I have no option but to smoke. I'm not legally an adult yet, so my intellectual ability is still limited to mimicry of what I see and hear adults doing. Way to practice good parenting/role modelling, guys. Why don't you just go ahead and show me how to rip a bong?

Kids aren't as dumb as you think.

I have a funny feeling bjamesw22 is a code name for John Ashcroft. There is a narc amongst us.

re: 420

I think this all just started as a joke. Not ever having actually smoked marijuana in my life, I still thought some of the posts were pretty funny, as you would have to be living in a cave to be 26 and not be familiar with the "lingo". That said, when the question of the origin of 420 came up, I was curious as to where it came from and did a little research and I posted it - get over it. Nobody here is endorsing it, in fact, I would guess that MOST of the people that chimed in on this thread - like myself -have never even touched the stuff.

Anyway - on to baseball. I hope Sheets' back is up for at least 7 innings today, and I'd love to see him take a page out of the Tim Hudson 92 pitch Complete game book.

Dumbest post ever on brewerfan? No way. There have been way dumber posts. I thought this one was hilarious and educational, since I never knew where 420 came from. Thanks, RyDogg.

Isn't it ironic that the people who get all riled up when pot is mentioned (not encouraged) are the same people who could use a hit every now and then? Lighten up.

p.s. For my final marijuana innuendo, I give you The Toking Emoticons: http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smokin.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/pimp.gif

there isn't anybody on Arizona's team that he should be that worried about.

I wouldnt go that far, i still see several players that could give sheets trouble; Sexson, Gonzalez, Finley, and even Hillenbrand. I still think Sheets should pitch well, but don't be too shocked if he gives up a few runs.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

So, because the United States was founded by Euro-caucasians, marijuana is unethical, but alcohol consumpsion is virtuous? I take a utilitarianistic aproach to the question of ethics; How does my actions hurt or help others? I think it's fairly obvious that the negative social affects of alcohol easily eclipse any effects marijuana has had. While I appreciate that is somewhat effected by the legality of the substances in question, most are well aware that marijuana is widely accessable for those who wish to have it.

But yeh, it's bad because they say so. BTW, I don't smoke pot, so this is an unbiased opinion.

ANYWAY, I'm going to the game tonight and I agree this is a must win, if only because the Crew only has pitching advantage in 1 of 5 games, max! Also, I will certainly give a nice ovation to Sexson, and then hope he strikes out 5 times http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Edit: Fixed 58 misspellings

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
utlitanionistic

Huh??

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I never said anyone was advocating it or trying to get others to do it. I said that playful banter is one thing, but when people start making posts about when they did it and talking about it as adults like it was funny then I think you cross the line. A joke is fine as I too laughed at the first 5 or so. Just don't try to play it off telling stories like smoking it up was cool or still is, because it isn't.

Let's hope that the crew "lights 'em up" tonight!

I wouldn't be surprised if Richie got a standing ovation tonite vs the crew. There was no one even close to challanging him for being the fan favorite last year. Sure people liked Jenkins and Pods, but there was no one who came close to his ovations last year. That being said I have liked the trade from day one and it made sense to trade him with Prince in the minors. Brewers management have said he is the best hitting prospect in the minors. I would have to agree. He might not be the best position player prospect if you take defense into consideration, but he has put up some impressive numbers and has a ton of power.

I can't believe the MJS wrote an article on whether Sexson will get booed or not, that is really ignorant. Why in the hell would anybody want to boo Sexson. He played his ass off here and was an awesome ballplayer that said nothing but good things about the city of Milwaukee. He also netted us six pretty good players. Is anybody here going to the game, and if so, how are you going to react to him coming to the plate the first time?

p.s. Smoking pot is cool and fun!!!

are fans better give him crap, or i will be pissed

i have to much pride for that @#%$

What the HELL did Sexson do for me to hate him? That's right, he played well and had a great attitude despite being on the worst team in baseball. He also did something Sheffield, Burnitz and many other couldn't to. He didn't need to say anything disparaging about the Brewer organization after he left. For that, I will give him a nice cheer before his first at bat. He has earned it.

bjames opened my eyes---I now promise to get high only in approved of ways. So only alcohol, tobacco, caffine, and "diet pills" for me!

---

no shyt,

talk about being hypocritical. he was probably drinking a beer as he was typing the post, or a cup of coffee or smoking a cigarette, while digesting his prozac for the day.

Just cause the so called government makes it illegal, doesnt mean its wrong in my book.

Hey hey heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy

Smoke weed every day!

Archived