Brewer Fanatic

04/21/2004 - Arizona (Johnson) @ Milwaukee (Davis)

squarepusher
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still say that the stats lie when talking about Hernandez. He has really good stuff. In the long run he will prove to be significantly better than Ford or Bennett. I hope Ned begins using AH a bit more. He will end up being more valuable than Ford or Bennett despite what the current stats say.

I'm a little confused... I coulda swore that Geoff Jenkins hit a towering drive off the left field foul pole in that seventh inning... Granted, I was on the phone during that run barrage, but it was weird that he only got a double.... I thought if a ball hit the top of the pole it was considered gone...

Although, it might have been Ginter that hit it... I can't remember, got confused about who was batting... clarification anyone??

Go Crew! Ben Ford Sucks!

Ginter needs to play everyday, but it should be in RF. With all the teams around baseball needing a 3B, wasting Hemls on the bench would be silly. Grieve should have been cut in spring training like the thread I started said. Ginter has never played RF, yet he'd be better defensively with pure hustle. As for Helms versus Ginter, Helms had a 780 OPS last year, Ginter 779, so there real comparable. Helms lacks movement defensively, but he gets to more balls than he gets credit for because he plays so deep. Helms is dreadful against the bunt, but he saved numerous runs throwing home with a runner on 3rd. Most 3Bs don't have the confidence/accuracy to do that. Ginter looks majorly bulked up, hopefully a Brewer is finally on the Barry Bonds workout programhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

So I guess the lineup for tomorrow will likely feature Ginter over Helms, Spivey, Hall over Counsell, Overbay at 1b, and Grieve in RF (although I like the matchup vs the sinkerballer with Clark)

It was Ginter who hit that HR off the LF foul pole.

I'd like to see Ginter get a full season as a STARTER. His window of oportunety is closing, however, with Weeks not far behind. I suppose if Overbay royally blows this year, we'll see an infield of (backups in ()):

1B: Helms (Overbay)

2B: Weeks (Hall)

SS: J.J. Hardy (Hall)

3B: Ginter (Helms)

That would make me happy atleast http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Keith Ginter is so similar to Steve Garvey as a hitter it is amazing. Didn't Garvey also wear number 6?

I believe if he played everyday, his numbers would be very similar to Garvey's typical season too, around 25-30 HR, a .290 BA, and 100 RBI.

How can this team afford not to have him in the lineup?

Archived