Brewer Fanatic

04/21/2004 - Arizona (Johnson) @ Milwaukee (Davis)

squarepusher
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really sure what is going on with Yost's lineup today. I would have rather he played Ginter or Hall for Counsell instead of sitting OBay down after a big night, if he was going to sit a lefty.

Oh well, he keeps us guessing and thinking.

MJC

I get the feeling someone is going to get ejected tonight for arguing balls and strikes. There seems to be frustration with the home plate umpire. He seems inconsistent.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow. Who called the ejection? You have ESP.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ben Ford gives up a three run homer on his first pitch to the #7 hitter.

I knew that it was a bad idea to pull Davis. He was only at about 70 pitches and wasn't missing by that much. Granted he walked his first two guys of the game near the beginning of the inning, but he wasn't missing by much (actually he got ripped off, Hillenbrand actually struck out), and still looked fine. In that situation, I say that it is Davis's game to lose.

Ford just walked R Johnson. Not good.

8-4, and this game ist still far from over but...here is a rule I HATE - Ben Ford comes into the game with a two run lead, BLOWS it BIG TIME for Doug Davis, and then Milwaukee scores 6 more in the bottom half and now Ben Ford is in line for a W if we can hold on. WHAT A STUPID RULE!! Doug Davis pitches extremely well for 5 + innings and Ben Ford comes in from the bullpen, douses the infield with gasoline and proceeds to flick lit matches all over the place, and he gets the win. Stupid.

New rule - If a RP comes into a game with a lead and gives up the lead, and his team re-takes the lead the next inning, the starting pitcher he relieves should be credited with the win.

Some notes:

-Great job by Scotty to come through when we desperately needed it.

-Ginter better be in the lineup tomorrow.

-Ford and Hernandez really suck out of the pen.

-What is with Jeff Bennet? Would have like to seen him close out the game.

-Luis looks like one of the best relievers in the game so far.

(Although I'm sure I just jinxed him).

-Scoring 8 runs in an inning is fun.

-Given that we pull this one out....get the SWEEP!

No one in the Major Leagues sucks. They struggle or have bad games, but there is not a player that is in the bigs that sucks.

That being said - Helms and Counsell need to be sat down for awhile and let Ginter play.

Ford seems to be all or nothing, five good appearances, two bad ones. Hernandez has not had a good outing yet. Bennett has average stuff, but generally does good.

I was a little surprised that Davis was taken out, but I am no manager.

Let's just be happy with a win.

Well I would have to say that you are correct because they have to be a lot better than us to be in the bigs or we all would be too. However, someone can suck at the Major League level and he has so far. I hope it is just small sample and he will get better but I don't know he has sucked so far.

I agree KG should be playing everyday I mean come on. I say platoon Helms and Overbay.

Archived