Brewer Fanatic

04/22/2004 - Arizona (Webb) @ Milwaukee (Obermueller)

squarepusher
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to take too much heat off the bullpen, but those who have been calling for the heads of starters might want to sharpen their machetes for Wes Obermuller. With the exception of his great outing against the Bonds-less Giants, he has been a train wreck. I still say we leave the rotation alone for a while until we have a decent measure of what these guys can do, but the early returns on Obermuller are very discouraging.

Greg.

greg...

I was watching that game via MLB.TV. Obie was cruising and then in the 6th he seemed as if he starting throwing batting pratice. Getting way too much of the plate and becoming very predictable. Looked like a total mental meltdown.

Just an ugly game no matter how you slice. Both teams looked bad, but hey its been entertaining.

PS...Who Loves Big Brooks?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't think he would have turned two.....grounder was pretty slow.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived