Brewer Fanatic

04/22/2004 - Arizona (Webb) @ Milwaukee (Obermueller)

squarepusher

What just happened? I get that Sexson and Gonzo walked and were at first and second, but how'd they score on an error by Overbay? And why'd Davey Nelson get tossed?

I'm lost - somebody please enlighten those of us watching the Gameday http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

~Bill

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Another great play by a former DBack....

Yeah, that hit by Overbay to drive in Jenkins was great.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I'm willing to forgive that error since he has three RBI today.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"I get that Sexson and Gonzo walked and were at first and second, but how'd they score on an error by Overbay?"

Groundball through Overbay's legs, down the right field line.

"Nothing against Wes Covington, but we do need to kind of know what's going on on the field, Bob. I'm not even sure who was pitching that inning. "

Nicely played by all who conveyed the same sentiment.

I've noticed that WTMJ had been promoting "The Ueck and Jim Show...pregame starts at 6:30..." or something to that effect.

OK, now I understand that, when you have the lowest payroll in the business, that pretty much goes hand in hand with the lowest-profile players in the business....which makes the actual Brewer games tough to sell. Add to that, the fact that you have a popular Hall of Fame broadcaster, and you're going to get instances like these.

Given all the decades of losing baseball he's called, and all the times he's had to liven up a 9-1 loss by dropping in his stories, I'll give him a mulligan on this one.

But you guys are right. If he still wants to call Brewer games, then call the game.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Grieve not making contact to get Overbay over is just bad, bad baseball. All you have to do is pull a ball, on the ground even, and your job is done. There is no excuse for that. Grieve is beginnning to fall out of my good graces. Ginter should start in RF and Grieve should maybe play out ther 3 days a week, with Keith moving to 3b the other times.

Thanks mls4.

As for Grieve, I don't know yet... I started off as one of his bigger advocates on here, but even I'm starting to sour. If his absence gets Gint some more ABs, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench.

~Bill

I would feel a lot better with Ginter or even Clark staying in RF. Grieve has not done anything to prove he deserves to play there everyday (or every other day). We have enough left handed bats in the line-up, and both Ginter and Clark hit righies well.

I think both Ginter and Clark work the Count better as well. Some will say Grieve does, but all he does is take a couple of pitches, get two strikes on hime, and the ground out weakly or K. Clark and Ginter both spoil pitches and have better control of the K-zone.

Scotty kills them with the bat, so they walk him three times today...

And he promptly steals two bases. Effectively THREE doubles today (one with the bat, two due to steals).

And all he cost was $20,000... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived