Brewer Fanatic

04/22/2004 - Arizona (Webb) @ Milwaukee (Obermueller)

squarepusher

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/igt/wes_igt.jpg

The Brewers look to get back on the positive side of .500 this afternoon as scuffling Wes Obermueller goes up against last year's surprise, Brandon Webb.

-- Changed wording from 'tonight' to 'this afternoon'; game starts at 12:05 PM CST... -Jason

Brewerfan.net / Statfox matchup info:

www.brewerfan.net/matchup.jsp

MLB.com game preview:

milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mil/news/mil_news.jsp?ymd=20040422&content_id=726505&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp

ESPN game preview:

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=240422108

Fox Sports game preview:

www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2341710

Fox Sports gametrax:

www.foxsports.com/named/FS/MLB/gameTrax?gameId=240422108

Yahoo game preview:

sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=240422108

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Podsednik has a big game today against Brandon Webb. It would be nice to see our Rookie of the Year candidate beat up on their Rookie of the Year candidate.

I guess it's all in the past now, but still . . .

I would hardly call Obermueller scuffling. His last start he allowed zero earned runs in 6 innings against the Giants. (actually he might have left a guy or two on base that scored after he came out---I dont feel like looking it up). But it cant be easy to come into a game in the 2nd inning when you didnt' plan on pitching that day. (like he did when Capuano got hurt). I would have rather seen Yost use Hernandez that day and keep Obermueller on his regular schedule. But to say he is scuffling because of that appearnace seems harsh.

Here are today's lineups:

ARIZONA AT MILWAUKEE -- LINEUPS ARIZONA MILWAUKEE AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Steve Finley CF .182 1 4 Scott Podsednik CF .286 3 8 Matt Kata 2B .345 0 2 Craig Counsell SS .229 1 4 Luis Gonzalez LF .278 4 9 Junior Spivey 2B .309 2 12 Richie Sexson 1B .204 5 13 Geoff Jenkins LF .279 2 11 Alex Cintron SS .275 1 6 Lyle Overbay 1B .250 2 9 Danny Bautista RF .360 2 7 Wes Helms 3B .239 1 5 Chad Tracy 3B .000 0 0 Brady Clark RF .333 3 7 Rob Hammock C .000 0 0 Gary Bennett C .316 1 5 Brandon Webb RHP .250 0 2 Wes Obermueller RHP .500 0 1 (1-1, 3.00) (1-1, 6.43) 

EDIT: SlideBernieSlide beat me to it, but this has the Dbacks, too.

~Bill

Quote:
Any idea why Grieve is not playing?

Not sure. I would guess that this is just an attempt to get Brady Clark some playing time... hopefully JP will let us know if there's something more to it.

Who else is going to take a nice long lunch today? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

~Bill

Of course, no Ginter.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

ALL POINTS BULLETIN FOR KEITH GINTER- He is MIA once again!!! What else do you have to do when you hit .400 this year, lead the league in HRs as a rookie the year before, and in general just mash the ball almost everytime up? Is Clark better than Ginter? Can Grieve play better defense in RF and hit better? Why not RF?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Obermueller has been doing really well today. 68 pitches through 5. Only three hits, one walk.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Man, Arizona's defense has been terrible this series.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Well good thing I jinxed Obermueller. I take full responsibility.

Archived