Brewer Fanatic

04/23/2004 - St Louis (Carpenter) @ Milwaukee (Kinney)

squarepusher
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ughh, Yost Bennet not a good hitter. Already caught 9 innings after 15 yesterday---pull him

PH for Brooks?!!!? With Helms?!!!??!?

0 for 2 there, endaround.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Brewers win!

Bruce K. with the win, and he earned it tonight, striking out two critical batters with men at the corners. It's pretty darn hilarious seeing a guy like that continue to have success at the Major League level. I hate to say it, but I think the ole' nugget miner found himself a doozy.

Well, there were a couple questionable decisions in this game but I'm not going to harp on them. This was a very memorable game. Kinney did well, Kieschnick (sp) was amazing, and the last at bat by Counsell actually made me smile.

I know I shouldn't be complaining because it ended well, but I don't understand Yost's thinking at the end of the game. Clark walks, and Yost decided not to PH for Bennett, who hasn't had a hit in his last 13 plate appearances. Bennett hits into a fielders choice, so he decideds to PH Helms for Kieschnick. Kieschnick singles Bennett to second, and he takes Bennett out for Durrington. I don't understand why you let Bennett hit in that situation...the only reason is if you don't want to be left with only one option at C, but then why do you pinch run for him? Why not PH Helms for Bennett, and let Kieschnick hit (or then PH Hall or Durrington). If my thinking is way off let me know and I will stop applying for major league manager jobs, but it seems awfully stupid to me. Again, we won so I am not too pissed, but I was yelling at my TV at the time!

Wow if you close your eyes and swing you'll eventually hit the ball. If you hit the ball enough you might get a hit.

9-9 on April 23rd.....

Still looking for these positive posts that I'm supposed to be missing.....

Archived