Brewer Fanatic

04/23/2004 - St Louis (Carpenter) @ Milwaukee (Kinney)

squarepusher
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATE Bob Brainerd. What a waste of time

That guy is terrible. FSN should cut the nonsense and get rid of him. I thought Craig Coshun did a better job at covering stories around the ballpark. He seemed more professional and his stories were more baseball-related.

I can live with the bucketheads, but that Karate crap is just stupid.

I think Kinney is spotting the ball better today than in the Giants game, but he's already thrown 64 pitches in 3 innings. He'll be lucky to make it through 5 and pitches 90+ seem to be when he gets hit the hardest. Hitters 4,5, and 6 are up in the 4th if he can make it through them and the 7th hitter in the 4th he'll have the bottom in the 5th, but the middle of the order in the 6th. I would guess 5 innings is all we see out of Matt or we see some towering shots in the 6th.

I'll say nice work by Kinney, but as the sayin goes "Better lucky than good." Good thing I am watching this on CBS Sportsline, I couldn't handle the frusteation of watching it in person. pitch count is at 86 in after 4.

Edit: sp

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Watching the game, I can honestly say that the Cards SEEM to be spoiling some decent pitches. This doesn't bode well

for Kinney going too much deeper into this game.

I'd just as soon see Kinney come out after 5 if he's tiring, and see Kieschnik pick up the slack for a few innings than force Kinney out there to get shelled in the 6th like we all know will happen.

******* Sutton just said that Nedly wants to get Ginter at least 300AB this season....what happened to 400AB, oh wait he only has a 1.157 OPS. Maybe when he gets his OPS over 1.5 he'll have "earned" 400AB for the year. I tell ya if Keith would only invest in some padding.....

So, I just got back to the computer, and I'm hoping somebody can explain to me how a guy can throw 90 pitches in 4 1/3 innings while only allowing five baserunners and striking out three. What, is everybody fouling off three pitches?

He's working a quick fifth, though . . .

Greg.

Remember Herb Washington? Full-time pinch runner for the A's circa 1974? Maybe Counsell could be a pinch-walker. You know, he hits whenever you really need a walk. Because I swear to God, that is ALL he does well.

Greg.

Archived