Brewer Fanatic

04/27/2004 - Cincinnati (Lidle) at Milwaukee (Davis)

squarepusher
Quote:
Best lineup we have featured so far. I hope Keith can get some hits and not embarass himself out there. Will he get taken out in the 7th or 8th for Brady Clark? I'd like to see keith become the almost every day RF.

They've been replacing Helms in the late innings recently, so I could envision Ginter moving to third as part of a double-switch. Clark would bat in the pitcher's spot and play right-field, Ginter would just switch positions, and the new pitcher would take Helms' lineup spot.

It'll be interesting to see what Nedley decides.

~Bill

Why the HELL is Davis trying to nibble the corners against the pitcher with the bases loaded? Simply inexcusable!

EDIT: Helms given a hit that was an error, and gives up an error that is ruled a hit.

Next batter goes yard on Ben Ford. Again I ask, WHAT has this guy done to make anyone here think he's good??!!

Chad Moeller's OPS prior to the start of tonight's game

Chad Moeller's OPS right now (he's 3 for 3).

You have to love the way early season numbers can change in a hurry.

Oh, by the way, Ben Ford's ERA just jumped a bunch. Man we have a stinky bullpen. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Not a totally terrible pen, just Ben Ford! But its always one bad person that ruins it for everyone. What the hell, now its Santos? Whats the use of a day off if you're not going to use your good relievers? Wheres Burba!!!

Edit: NOW Burba is tossing - it's about f'n time. As far as I'm concerned Ford can't board the next flight to Indy or wherever - he's flat out terrible.

You gotta love Ben Ford and his magical disappearing sinker. The only problem is that it doesn't disappear until it's 450 feet from home plate.

Yikes. Small sample is right, but Fordy just doesn't look like he belongs right now.

~Bill

Of the 6 general guys available not counting Vizcaino (set-up) and Kolb (closer). Ford and Santos would be my 5th and 6th picks. With a rested bullpen, I don't get it.

Nedly's just testing his gritty battlers... what fun is winning in the early innings? The key is to get behind so you can see what your guys are really made of.

Ug-ly. U-gly. Ugl-y.

Victor Santos has the control of Ruben Quevedo circa 2003. I know he had a nice spring training, but this dude just doesn't know where the ball is going.

~Bill

Not a totally terrible pen, just Ben Ford!

Really, outside of Burba (very solid so far), Kieschnick (very good lately), and Kolb (although he has not been lights out), I wouldn't give much for the performance of any of the rest of the guys over the last week or 10 days.

That was a crazy collision... I can't remember ever seeing two bigger guys run into each other like that. Usually it's a little second-baseman and an outfielder or whatever, but this was pretty crazy. Casey and Norton went down like rocks.

If you're reading this and didn't see it, nevermind - hard to explain.

~Bill

I haven't looked through any of the other in-game posts tonight so I don't know if it is mentioned, but with a rested bullpen, here is who is available, and how I would rank them:

1. Kolb

2. Vizcaino

3. Burba

4. Bennett

5. Santos

6. Ford

7. Obermueller

I put Wes last only because he should only see action out of the pen either to only stay sharp while his rotation spot is being skipped or if the starter is knocked out early.

Obviously, you arent going to use Kolb or Vizcy in the sixth. That leaves four guys out there, and Yost went with probably the worst two you could. With Dave Burba pitching so well, how come he cant throw the sixth and seventh, especially with the lead?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I understand the reasoning for using Ford when he did, because he wants Viz and Burba for the 7th and 8th. Ford really needs to get his stuff together. Small sample or not, the guy is just pitching terrible. Sorry, but small sample is all you get when you're a reliever and you are struggling.

Davis looked like crap tonight. Did not seemed focused. Minimized damage til Ford did him in though.

Archived