Brewer Fanatic

04/28/2004 - Cincinnati (Wilson) at Milwaukee (Kinney)

squarepusher
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren and Bill are right about questioning not pinch hitting Ginter or Clark for Durrington.

Right now Hall up, and I don't like the matchup vs Wagner. He's filthy, and while he might do well, I like Counsell or Ginter more to have a chance of hitting the breaking ball

EDIT: I am sorry for doubting you Mr. Hall. You are the man

Don't make the second out at home plate!!!!!

Yeah that was disappointing Jeff, but this is one awesome comback going down 9-1 then tied at 9 going to the ninth. This is where Ned Yost's rah rah attitude pays off. At least this team never gives up.

Believe it or not, for lack of better things to do mostly, I have been watching. I can't believe we have come back...I cannot believe more that we sent Hall with one out. He was out by a mile. It'd be a heck of a lot nicer if we were headed into the 9th with a lead. Cincy would be really demoralized if they came into the 9th down by a run. By getting that out at the plate, Cincy might actually have some momentum.

shut them down, and stop walking batters. That is all I ask, stop walking batters.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Isn't Hall batting something like .500 against the Reds lifetime? What a joke.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Re: Helms swinging so damn early in the count...

He has been doing that all year. Can't butchy tell him to take a few? Also, I was almost screaming at the TV when, after Grieve was walked on 4 straight, Bennet comes out swinging at 2 in a row...both outside the zone.

Yeah that was disappointing Jeff, but this is one awesome comback going down 9-1 then tied at 9 going to the ninth. This is where Ned Yost's rah rah attitude pays off. At least this team never gives up.

Holy crap... there it was http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

The Brewers have guaranteed themselves an above-.500 April. How's that for sweet?

And yes, RoCo, I have had trouble using the board all evening. (It took me a good 20 minutes just to get back in to edit/finish this message after ezboard cut me off. I'd apologize for the repeats if I thought I personally caused them.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

That game ranks just behind the 9th inning comeback against the Cubs in greatest comebacks ever. I know I know, this was 9 runs..... but it was the CUBS! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That suicide squeeze was ballsy. I assumed they would throw junk to Hall and ultimately walk him. Suprised they gave hime ANYTHING to hit. Great job HALL!

WOW!!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Great call on the suicide squeeze. Say what you will about Yost, but that was the absolute right call with one out.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Matt Kinney is the new Wayne Franklin. Every time he pitches, you can expect two things: the other team will score a ton of runs, and the Brewers will use his incredible leadership as a catalyst toward eventual triumph.

Or not. But that was a pretty amazing game. Too bad the Reds are leaving town...

~Bill

I'm quite sure Yost told Hall he was squeezing first pitch while Pod was still hitting. They showed Hall leaving the on-deck circle during Pod's AB to go to the dugout and I would guess he was told "if they aren't walking you, squeeze the first pitch" .

Great, great game. I'm not sure how many they're going to win this year, (I would guess 75 or so still) but this might be the first team since maybe '87 that really leaves a distinctive positive memory a number of years down the road. I know 88 and 92 were good, but were not teams that jumped out at you like '78, '82 and '87.

Amazing comeback.

I am absolutely in awe of this team right now. Two nights in a row, and they play two of the most incredible baseball games I have ever seen (not pretty, but incredible). How many 9th/extra inning wins have they had during this homestand? Three? Four? Another one if things had worked out against the D-Backs? Incredible.

On a sour note, I realize that it is a weeknight in April, but you have to be disappointed with the attendance. 8,000 Monday, haven't seen an actual number for tonight but it looked about 11K. Brewer fans have been saying for years that if the BRewers can play .500 ball, they'll come -- where are they?

Come on, Milwaukee!

MJC

I'm bummed i missed attending the game,the early start stopped me from being able to go.

I gotta say it's games like these last two that are a big reason i love sports,unpredictable free entertainment.Flick on the TV and things look like a sure loss,bam an amazing comeback.Any win in sports by your team is nice to watch,but nothing beats an unprobable comeback victory.

I was watching the game and had a good vibe when Hall was up with the bases juiced.When he hit that gapper that's the loudest i've yelled for a Brewer game in quite awhile,even more than yesterdays game.

This have been a fun beginning of the year to wtch so far,hopefully Hall's play will get him more starts.He has legit power for a middle INF,if he can learn to get on base he'll have a nice career.That boy really has a quick bat.

That is simply amazing. I hope they can keep this up, I have had a huge smile on my face since last night and I hope it stays there. It is really nice they are doing this around finals so it gives me something else to think about as well.

It was also great to see Matt Kinney will his teamates to a victroy after his 2 IP, just like Wayne Franklin.

Archived