Brewer Fanatic

05/02/2004 - Pittsburgh (Vogelsong) at Milwaukee (Davis)

batman

That's a very reasonable distinction of "starter" vs. "pitcher". I'll happily accept that amendment. I think the Brewers will be able to cobble together a reasonable bullpen regardless, which is why I tend to regard bullpen arms that don't project as closers as "free talent" in most trades, but trying to find out if these pitchers have talent in a different role is always a reasonable course of action.

I still stand by my main point that Kinney vs. Franklin vs. Obermueller vs. Davis is a false debate. The debate is whether any of these pitchers are good or will be any good, not who's the best of this bum lot. I suspected all along that the correct choice of starter for the next good Brewers team wasn't a) Kinney or b) Franklin but c) None of the above and nothing this season has really changed my opinion.

Robert

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whizkid

Wes Obermueller could be the next David Weathers.

Good sinker, lots of ground balls... and if he only goes two innings, he won't have to face the order more than once... probably not even the entire order.

Archived