Brewer Fanatic

05/04/2004 - Milwaukee (Santos) at Cincinnati (Haynes)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is such a relief. I guess the old pessimist in me expected the worst tonight. What an at bat by Overbay...this guy can play.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Boy, those boos for Haynes sure are beautifulhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif . I remember when that was us booing getting ready to go home in the 3rd inning.

EDIT--Am I the only one who sees a slight resemblence between Haynes and Kinney?? Yikes.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Not sure if this has been talked about or not, but is Spivey hurt? I was at the game on Sunday sitting on the first base line and late in the game when he was on first he kept grabbing his right hamstring. Just wondering if this is why he is not in the lineup or not.

santos couldn't find the zone in the 1st, but now it's like he's pitching TOO good. lots of foul balls off pitches in the zone with 0-2 or 1-2 counts.

here's some small sample size sugar:

through 5 IP today, santos now has 6 K's.

through 3G, 9 IP, 10K's.

through 5 GS and 23 IP, kinney had 13 K's.

5 K's for Santos through 4. Nice start so far, let's see if he can keep it up.

My question for some of you on the board...what is so bad about young guys pitching well? I mean, whats the worst that could happen, they stay in the starting rotation and take the place of Kinney and Obie. Those are two guys I wouldn't mind seeing bumped (Davis isn't too far behind). It's not like guys like Saenz and Santos are top prospects that could get burned out and hurt our farm system.

Wouldn't a rotation of Sheets, Capuano, Saenz, Hendrickson, Santos/Davis look a hell of a lot better than what we currently have? Not to metion I wouldn't mind having Kinney and Obie out of the pen.

Santos is 27. Sure, he's no prospect, but it's not like we're starting Doug Jones or Jesse Orosco.

Now that the game's official, the rain can pick up any minute now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Victor Santos: putting the Victor in Victory since 05-04-2004.

Nice job tonight... hopefully this is the "real" Victor Santos and he's not really the guy who's struggled so mightily out of the pen.

Regardless, Santos definitely > Kinney.

~Bill

Who's that guy wearing #50 tonight? So far, so good. I know, very small sample, but compared to his starts, this is nice.

Get Kinney out now and let's hope we can build on this outing. A little trouble late, but as mentioned in Brian's post, this is his second time through the order. I think both of our pitchers tonight have "earned" another shot in their current roles.

Archived