Brewer Fanatic

05/04/2004 - Milwaukee (Santos) at Cincinnati (Haynes)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So help me, if we don't rip Haynes, I'll....
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

How many innings will Santos be restricted to? 4 or 5? Can't imagine him going much past that? Then I guess either Kinney or Adrian come in for 2 or so?

One thing we have going for us, is that Jimmy Haynes has been horrible at GABP

Career at GABP: 1-10, 7.41 (64.1ip, 53er), 13gs, 1cg

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Which scenario is worse......

A) Santos gets lit up, as expected, and we continue on with your normally scheduled season?

or

B) Santos goes 6 IP, K's 7, gives up 3 hits and one run, and 33 people will immediately proclaim him our # 2 starter and rotation savior?

When Haynes pitches a one hit complete game shutout, I will make sure I am flaming fall-down drunk, as to fully appreciate the nauseous suffering that can only be felt by a Milwaukee brewer fan!

Anyone ever take a look at Jimmy Haynes' numbers against Milwaukee since he was given the boot, he turns into Wade Miller when he is facing the Brewers:

4-0, 25 inn. 3.23 era, 1.56 whip, with 14Ks

Despite his struggles of late I bet Haynes shuts the Brewers down, and Santos gets battered.

Anyone ever take a look at Jimmy Haynes' numbers against Milwaukee since he was given the boot, he turns into Wade Miller when he is facing the Brewers.

The Brewers turn a lot of people into allstars. They wouldn't be the Brewers we know and love otherwise.

Despite his struggles of late I bet Haynes shuts the Brewers down

I really don't think that it is super insightful to look at stats related to past performances against the brewers. This year's team is a very different team from last year, and is almost incomparable to 2 or 3 years ago.

I do think that there is luck out there, and that once a pitcher develops a certain mentality (ie. "I dominate the Brewers") they tend to pitch up to that level.

I hope that they rock him tonight, but wouldn't be surprised if they get held to a couple of runs and eek out a win.

Tonights Line-ups

Milwaukee

S. Podsednik cf .302

C. Counsell ss .205

K. Ginter 2b .261

G. Jenkins lf .281

L. Overbay 1b .312

B. Clark rf .220

W. Helms 3b .200

G. Bennett c .270

V. Santos p .000

Cincinnati

D. Jimenez .232

B. Larkin .276

S. Casey .400

A. Dunn lf .301

B. Larson 3b .318

J. Cruz rf .375

J. Valentin c .167

W. Pena cf .242

J. Haynes p .000

Any word on why Bill Hall is not starting, what with his incredible stats against Cincy?

We here haveno right to complain about the performance of Mike Matheny, Jack Wilson, etc. against the Brewers until our manager starts playing our own Mike Mathenies in opportune series. Let Spivey play, play Ginter for Helms, and most importantly, GET BILL HALL IN THERE.

MJC

Verified Member

Ben Grieve was starting to heat up and now he has to sit on the bench?

Absolutely ridiculous. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

That's the Jimmy Haynes I remember. He might get out of this inning "limiting" the damage, but he'll have more of these and the bullpen will get a lot of work tonight.

Robert

Archived