Brewer Fanatic

05/05/2004 - Milwaukee (Sheets) at Cincinnati (Acevedo)

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/igt/ben_sheets.jpg

Ben Sheets looks to help guarantee a series win with the Reds, as the Brewers look to build on yesterday's excellent pitching and timely hitting.

Brewerfan.net / Statfox matchup info:

www.brewerfan.net/matchup.jsp

MLB.com game preview:

milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mil/news/mil_news.jsp?ymd=20040504&content_id=736102&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Yost trying to recreate last weeks magical wins, by starting Hall for the final two games? Rather interesting strategy, still whatever Ned wants to believe as long as he gets Hall some more ABs. I am amazed that Hall has continued to do so well, after Taylor tried so very hard to kill his career he's fought through to be a productive player with a fair amount of upside.

As I watched the game last night and saw Ryan Wagner trot in from the bullpen, I was wondering why a 21 year old kid with only 9 apperances in the minors was up the Reds?

Is it really easier to promote a college pitcher faster then a college hitter?

Just MY thought. . .was wondering what ya'll thought.

I would go so far as to say that tonight's game is a must win. We simply cannot afford to keep losing when Sheets is on the mound. A loss tonight would probably be the difference of winning this series or losing this series with the Reds. Gotta get back over .500 also! Let's hope that Sheets has another stellar performance and actually gets some support behind him for a change. Who's with me!!!

Is Yost trying to recreate last weeks magical wins, by starting Hall for the final two games?

Ned seems to be going with the hot hand, that being hall and ginter, course with spivey needing some R&R, ginter is no shock.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Here are tonight's lineups, brought to you by Spiderman 2.

MILWAUKEE CINCINNATI AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Scott Podsednik CF .291 3 8 D'Angelo Jimenez 2B .224 3 12 Bill Hall SS .278 1 9 Barry Larkin SS .289 0 6 Keith Ginter 2B .275 4 10 Sean Casey 1B .394 3 21 Geoff Jenkins LF .270 3 17 Adam Dunn LF .303 9 19 Lyle Overbay 1B .320 3 24 Brandon Larson 3B .308 1 5 Wes Helms 3B .218 1 5 Jacob Cruz RF .333 0 2 Ben Grieve RF .235 2 6 Javier Valentin C .143 1 4 Chad Moeller C .255 2 9 Wily Mo Pena CF .216 1 4 Ben Sheets RHP .000 0 0 Jose Acevedo RHP .222 0 0 (3-2, 3.25) (2-2, 4.31)

Billy Hall, Keith Ginter, and Ben Grieve as promised for Milwaukee; still no Griffey for the Reds.

~Bill

I need some advice.

Is it ok for me to root against Helms? I mean, is it ok for me to hope that his BA drops to .150 in an effort to force Yost into parking his butt on the bench?

I am really enjoying this team, but, I am not sure if I can watch another one pitch groundout to short or second.

Well, you might as well root against him. He's going to stink either way.

Seriously, someone PLEASE let me know... what DOES Ginter have to do before everyone here likes him? Hit more HR than any other rookie? Hmmm, lead the team in HR even though he's not even a strter? Err UmmMm, save small children from burning buidlings?

so...send sheets back out for the 6th????

He's over 100 pitches now...but he's sitting them down

i'd take him out...i guess...it's just so hard to pull him here when you know that bullpen is gonna see a ton of action, well, eveyday

I'm still not convinced that Keith Ginter is that much more deserving of playing 3b or 2b over Helms or Spivey.

***Sarcasm alert, Sarcasm Alert****

I just don't think he can cut it as a major leage everyday player, I mean the guy is already 28 and Houston didn't think enough of him to keep him so....He is the definition of a AAAA player.

***Sarcasm alert, Sarcasm alert****

so...send sheets back out for the 6th????

I'd keep him out there for one more inning, because he's going to come back on 5 days rest rather than 4 days rest. 120 pitches isn't all that bad.

Archived