Brewer Fanatic

05/06/2004 - Milwaukee (Obermueller) at Cincinnati (Harang)

batman
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt put the current status of the pitching staff on Yost, I would put it on Melvin.

The Brewers have to dig two guys out of the bullpen to start games this weekend. Kolb has been out. The current starters, save Sheets, have been inconsistent. Why Trent Durrington continues to waste away on the Brewers bench is beyond me, especially since this team needs another arm up here. Durrington isnt gonna get claimed by anybody, and even if he does...so what?

Yost can only work with what he has up with him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

JaNelson, I agree, but Put KIESCH in there for crying out loud, you know you can get 2 innings out of him. You just CANT let your pitcher hit in that situation.

And like I said, with so many guys hurting, you MUST put someone on the DL. Too bad for the guy that has to sit, but the team needs wins, not happy feelings.

Ok, fine, when all these guys are hurting, you HAVE to DL someone. Wow

I kind of agree. Except that you have to figure that tomorrow we have Vizcaino, Ford (too bad), and Kieschnick available, and possibly Santos available for an inning. Then by Sat hopefully Kolb and Burba back

Jeff Bennett isnt getting any help from this defense tonight, but its quite clear that he doesn't belong with the big club, and is being exposed when he is forced to pitch in tight spots.

It would be nice to have a lefty in the pen, too. Two nights in a row LH batters in key spots (Dunn last night, Griffey tonight) have come up with key hits against RH relievers.

Kolb has been out for what, a week? DL HIS BUTT. Call up Michalak, Wise, I don't care WHO, but this is ridiculous.

We can't EVER play for the win, we're stuck playing for tomorrow almost every night lately. This is BULL**** is what it is. You get healthy guys on your big league roster, or just forfeit the game.

Community Moderator

Now knowing that Burba wasn't good to go, not only does it make the Sheets decision last night make more sense, but it gives Ned a mulligan for the Wes decision.

And tonight JaNelson and I agree completely- with the bullpen so goofed up, Durrington should be down and Adams should be up.

This is rediculous. I don't care about a short bullpen or what anyone else has to say about that. The fact of the matter is, Obie was DONE last inning. We've seen it before, he reaches a point where he loses everything and is just flat out inneffective. I remember when we lost to Arizona in the 15 inning game...the Brewers were up 4 or 5 and Obie was clearly losing it, yet Ned left him in and he ended up leaving in a tie game.

You have to take a pitcher out when he is out of gas or you are going to lose the game. End of story.

I'm not saying this is an excuse, or even the reason, but I have to imagine our guys lost focus after seeing Obie out there again and pinch hitting with the bases loaded.

F#$K THIS PI$$E$ ME OFF. Ok, I'm done....good night.

i fully blame ned yost. what the hell is he thinking? letting overmueller hit with the bases loaded with only a 2 run lead. Wes had nearly 100 pitches already after 6.

totally blown move. also helps not to get 3 errors and a wild pitch in 1 inning.

Yost will say that this was a good "learning experience" for Obie and Bennet.

Is it official yet? Does Yost realize that Bennet should not be in tight situations?

Oh, I forgot, we only have 2 guys in the bullpen because we don't want to DL a guy who's been out a week and still isn't back.

Now knowing that Burba wasn't good to go, not only does it make the Sheets decision last night make more sense, but it gives Ned a mulligan for the Wes decision.

Its quite clear now, looking back, that the situation with Burba is probably reason #1 Yost milked Sheets for all he was worth last night.

Assuming that is the case, the current management with this roster is absolutely clueless. Durrington has no place on this team with the current state of this pitching staff.

Archived