Brewer Fanatic

05/07/2004 - Milwaukee (Davis) at New York Mets (Glavine)

batman

05/07/2004 - Milwaukee (Davis) at New York Mets (Glavine)

Lineups shortly. Today's game thread is sponsored by Stubby Clapp, who wants everyone to know that he has the coolest baseball name ever.

~Bill

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Injury Report care of SportsTicker:

Milwaukee - LHP Chris Capuano (left quadriceps, 15-day DL); RHP

Dan Kolb (right hamstring, day-to-day); 2B Junior Spivey

(strained right hamstring, day-to-day).

New York - RHP Scott Erickson (left hamstring, 15-day DL); RHP

Scott Strickland (right elbow surgery, 60-day DL); 2B Jose Reyes

(right hamstring, 15-day DL); 1B Mo Vaughn (left knee, 60-day

DL); LF Cliff Floyd (right quadriceps, 15-day DL); 3B Ty

Wigginton (dizziness, 15-day DL); RHP Jae Seo (cracked

fingernail on right index finger, may miss his next scheduled

start); CF Mike Cameron (strained ligaments in right hand,

day-to-day).

Tonight's lineups are now being brought to you by Wes Helms, who has somehow managed to work his way back into the lineup despite Nedley's public comments. Stubby Clapp is now sponsoring Trent Durrington, who is probably going to have to pitch tonight.

MILWAUKEE NY METS AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Scott Podsednik CF .288 3 8 Kazuo Matsui SS .239 2 10 Craig Counsell SS .211 1 5 Danny Garcia 2B .333 1 4 Keith Ginter 2B .267 5 11 Mike Piazza C .275 6 11 Geoff Jenkins LF .273 3 19 Todd Zeile 1B .288 1 5 Lyle Overbay 1B .321 3 25 Karim Garcia RF .292 5 12 Brady Clark RF .239 3 8 Ty Wigginton 3B .188 2 9 Wes Helms 3B .207 1 5 Eric Valent LF .270 2 8 Chad Moeller C .254 2 9 Joe Mcewing CF .194 0 3 Doug Davis LHP .000 0 0 Tom Glavine LHP .273 0 2 (1-2, 5.14) (4-1, 1.85)

~Bill

In a related story, it appears that Ned Yost has gone to the unprecedented move of dropping "Third baseman" to the 7 hole. We are not sure if this is an error, if Ned is locked in the Bathroom and someone else wrote out the lineup or what but we are definitely looking into this.

Rydogg

I just posted a seperate thread about Ginter. He has to play every day. I was wrong. He belongs on the field. Also, with the way Overbay has heated up and Spivey set to return, Wes Helms has to be moved to the bench. For good.

Way to go, Brady!

Bases juiced, 2 down, Glavine walking everyone in sight, and he.......................pops up to CF on the second pitch.

Samplesize me if you like, but so far this year, Clark is hitting .091 with Runners in Scoting Position, stranding runners at a Grissom-esque pace.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

As underwhelming has he SEEMS, I think Grieve needs to be given a chance to get 3 ABs a game at least. While he doesn't look all that impressive at times he takes walks and comes up with some clutch hits. I think he is our best option for RF as of right now. I really like Neds idea of putting in Clark after the 7th as defense but I'd like to see Ben get a few more starts before we give up one him.

I also don't mind Craig Counsell as much as some others, but until a trade is made...here is my everyday

Podsednik

Ginter 3b

Spivey 2b

Jenkins LF

Overbay 1b

Hall SS

Grieve RF

Moeller/Bennett.

Ginter/Spivey/Hall could go anywhere but I like those 8 guys to get a bulk of the starts.

Community Moderator

I want to like ned so bad but then I look at the lineup card and see helms and councell in the lineup and Hall on the bench.

Maybe it's because Councell is hitting like .400 in his career off Glavine.

And Helms has a hit so far.....

Check out this from Yahoos preview.

Milwaukee has lost two straight after a 9-6 defeat at Cincinnati on Thursday night. Third baseman Wes Helms may miss the entire series in New York because of a hitting slump that has gotten so bad, he was banned from batting practice by Brewers' skipper Ned Yost.

``When you get frustrated, you're done,'' said Yost, who benched Helm in Friday's 9-6 defeat at Cincinnati ``That's the idea with sitting a guy, you let that frustration run its course.''

Yeah that lasted real long!

Archived