Brewer Fanatic

5/8/2004 - Brewers (Hernandez) @ New York Mets (Yates)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Grieve is hitting .288 no one says a word about him.

I have to admit, I was (and still am) hoping Grieve can show signs of his former potential. I'd like to see him be over the .280 mark for awhile before I say "I told you so"

Yost seems more concerned with Hernandez getting the win, then the Brewers. I want to see Yost pull a starter BEFORE the implode.

Hernendez, Kinney combine for first brewer no-hitter since Nieves!!!! yeh right http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

is it a jinx to mention a no hitter on a message board?

EDIT: I guess just thinking about posting this was a jinx. Had to change it in mid post.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Do the Brewers have a 'best' reliever?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator

Anyone want to explain to Yost that you may want your best reliever in a basesloaded situation? Gett the two outs and then move your long guy in.

So Bennett? Or Ford? Vizcaino this early? I doubt it....

With Burba, Kolb, and Brooks unavailable, I trust matt Kinney as much as Bennett or Ford.

It took Kinney 1 pitch to erase the no hitter. What I LOVE about teh rules, Kinney has looekd aweful but will get the win. STUPID.

Brewers got a gift, Kinney threw ball 4 against Cam, but it was called a strike.

Well that could have been really ugly. Nice to see Matt dig in and get those two K's.

Saving a pitcher for a hypothetical is like not pintch hitting for your catcher because your back up may get injured. You know what the current situation is. If you fail now, it won't matter what happens in three innings.

Chances are pretty good that you won't be in another bases loaded, one out situation. I want my best pitcher on the mound during the toughest situation, which sometimes isn't the 9th inning.

Archived