Brewer Fanatic

5/8/2004 - Brewers (Hernandez) @ New York Mets (Yates)

The Brewers look to secure a series win this afternoon as they lock horns with the New York Mets in the second game of a three game weekend series. Adrian Hernandez (0-2, 10.03) gets his first start of the season and looks to make a statement similar to that of Victor Santos'. The Brewers face Tyler Yates (1-3, 5.40), the Mets' worst starting pitcher.

MLB.com Preview:

milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com...&fext=.jsp

ESPN Preview:

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/pr...=240508121

Sportsline Preview:

www.sportsline.com/mlb/ga...08_MIL@NYM

Fox Sports Preview:

www.foxsports.com/content...Id=2385674

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are your lineups. Ginter still isn't benched? Whoa!

Brewers Mets 1. Scott Podsednik, CF 1. Kazuo Matsui, SS 2. Craig Counsell, SS 2. Danny Garcia, 2B 3. Keith Ginter, 2B 3. Mike Piazza, 1B 4. Geoff Jenkins, LF 4. Karim Garcia, RF 5. Lyle Overbay, 1B 5. Eric Valent, LF 6. Wes Helms, 3B 6. Mike Cameron, CF 7. Ben Grieve, RF 7. Ty Wigginton, 3B 8. Gary Bennett, C 8. Vance Wilson, C 9. Adrian Hernandez, SP 9. Tyler Yates, SP

Good to see that Yost remembered where the third baseman is supposed to bat. How can we expect our offense to produce when the third basemen moves from the sixth spot in the lineup to the seventh? I mean, seriously... these guys are only human.

I also love how Wes Helms' "benching" lasted all of one game. I wonder what that makes the punishment being doled out to Billy Hall for being good.

Oh well. Enough Nedley bashing... go Brewers.

~Bill

Like I have said...I like Ned but....I think the brewers are playing .500 ball DESPITE their manager. He is writing the wrong names on the lineup card consistantly.

2 k's for Adrian in the 1st. Sweet!

Well Sutton was talking about funny names in baseball, specifically mentioning Stubby Clap. Don't tell me he doesn't read this forum http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Helms sucks.

What's the deal with Hernandez?

He batted righty his first time up and batted lefty his second time up, even though he was facing the righthanded Yates both times.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I love message boards. Now that Grieve is hitting .288 no one says a word about him.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived