Brewer Fanatic

5/9/2004 - Brewers (Santos) @ New York Mets (Trachsel)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I love thinking about baseball -- it's humbling, in a fun way. I spend a lot of time and effort ripping on Helms, and he goes right out and sparks a two-out rally. Nicely done.

Greg.

I spend a lot of time and effort ripping on Helms, and he goes right out and sparks a two-out rally. Nicely done.

It's a good news/bad news hit. It started the rally, which is the good part. The bad part is now Yost will stick with Helms for at least another month of a slump because hey, he did come up with a clutch hit that one time.

I was questioning Yost sending Clark out to the plate over Hall. I'm stupid I guess.

besides the fact that Hall is better than councell here is another reason to play Billy all the time.

We have Hardy in the wings.

Hall is young with big upside. If Hall goes out and performs at a high level he would be great trade bait for Melvin. Hall might be able to be packaged for some pitching if his stock goes up. It wont go up sitting on the pines.

Verified Member

Okay, why is everyone avoiding the chat room during this game?

Rather exciting game if you want my opinion. Burba just blew the lead. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif What was that no-pitch he uncorked? Ugh, hope he is not hiding his shoulder problem.

5-5 in the bottom of the 8th.

GO BREWERS!

There's an obvious problem with putting Overbay in the 3 spot. That's that Geoff's going to get fewer pitches to hit with Ginter there. I think Grieve after Overbay would be better, but it's hard to configure everything properly. We know Spivey is the starting 2b, and we know Hall and Counsell are splitting SS.

Community Moderator

You mean the PR that allowed them to tie the game? Yep thats him.

Right... because if Yost PR Durrington for Jenkins in the same situation, I'm certain that you'd be on these boards praising Yost's decision when the game went into extra innings.....

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Community Moderator

Jenkins is not Piazza. Piazza can't run. You need to get to extra innings before anything else. Howe took advantage when he had the chance.

Ok, it'd be like Yost PR for Sexson in that situation last year? Fair enough comparison?

Like I said, if Yost made that move, you'd be slamming him like there was no tomorrow.

Peavey isn't defending Wes, he's making Mach actually use some facts when he throws outlandish statements onto the board.

Facts make it that much harder for me to prove my case.... hehe, I'm gonna make a great trial lawyer, and a great democrat http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/pimp.gif

news flash! ben ford blows another game!

send him down to AAA, and bring up a left hander for this bullpen. michalak is ripe in indy, bring him up.

it's time to start moving some people around, start trimming the fat.

Send Down:

Ben Ford

Call up:

Chris Michalak

Archived