Brewer Fanatic

5/11/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Expos (L. Hernandez)

Quote:
Who started this 2-out rally?

That's right... Wes Helms.

Careful there, Peavy. Words like that'll get you lynched by many of the locals around here.

Atta boy, Wesley. Still pullin' for ya.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Careful there, Peavy. Words like that'll get you lynched by many of the locals around here.

Atta boy, Wesley. Still pullin' for ya.

Ok, time to set the record straight. I cant speak for everyone, but I think everyone here is pulling for Wes Helms, to at least be as good as he was last year, if not better. I'd love Wes to hit .260 with 28 Hrs and 85 RBI, but so far, .230/1/9 just isnt what we need. Now, granted, Keith Ginter has been slumping, but he STILL is hitting better than Wes, leads the team in HRs, etc. that is why I would like to see Keith get a majority of the PT. Just like Id like to see Hall get more PT at SS. So nobody has any ill will towards Wes, I think we all just want our best 8 out there every day.

Can Kinney even go? He maybe starting

Win tonight, then worry about Saturday.

As for Hall, great play.

Come on Lyle, you're getting a 6th shot...you went 8-12 against the Mets, remember?!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Lot of extra inning games today.....A's and Tigers are in the 15th, Twins and Seattle are in the 11th.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

so can we pencil deeswan and mikerollins into the anti-ginter crowd?

Au contrere, mon ami. I like Ginter as much as the next guy. I think he is clearly one of the best 8 position players on this team and should be starting. However, it is more than a little disconcerting when a guy gets a chance to start and goes into the tank. I still like him, I still want to see him play; but that doesn't change the fact that he has been a pretty lousy player so far this month.

see, they were just waiting for Overbay to get his hit.

What an awesome sight, the team mugging Helms and Overbay!!!

BACK TO .500!!!

Edit: Ginter hitting .235, Helms hitting .235

This is the punishment I get for being a college student. I spend a ton of time studying and started watching the game in the 11th. Dang, I shoulda tuned in earlier... but I went to the Snappers game instead tonight. Not a bad game there either. I'll save that for the minor league thread. By the way, two more posts to go to reach 100 for me. I rarely post here but have been a lurker for the last 3 years.

Archived