Brewer Fanatic

5/11/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Expos (L. Hernandez)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ginter is very hard to stike out...we must be facing some very good pitching...props to the Brewers opponants this year http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

maybe Yost will miss having Ginter as a chit chat buddy in the dugout and get him out of the starting lineup so they can spend more quality innings together on the pine...Yost doesn't dislike Ginter, it has to actually be the exact opposite http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

actually, this game has me glued to my spot on the couch. Nothing like two pitchers going at it. If Ginter either makes a good throw OR doesn't bobble it, then it's a 1-0 game with both pitchers dealing.

Sheets with 96 pitches (70 strikes) entering the 8th.

105 pitches after 8 complete. If he wasn't leading off, he might have had a chance for a CG

Available pinch hitters to lead off the 8th:

Bill Hall - one of the hottest hitters on the team

Brady Clark

Junior Spivey (he IS supposed to be able to PH)

Brooks Kieschnick

Gary Bennett

Trent Durrington

Who does Yost pull off the bench?

Trent FRICKEN Durrington.

This infatuation with certain players just drives you crazy.

Funny you mention an infatuation with players.

Cue Jeff Bennet's entry and subsequent two run homer.

Why is Yost obsessed with this guy?

He's been proven ineffective, and I would think that being a Rule 5 he would be used more sparingly.

Don't get me wrong, Sheets had to come out, but why Bennet?

Ginter with 2 k's tonight, although in his third AB he took a two strike heater that tailed over the heart of the plate (I guess the ump gave up on it).

0-4 with 2 K's (should have been 3).

Helms 1-3 with his hit being a dribbler. Boy our 3rd basemen are slumping now

Sad to see my prediction come true......

As Ginter's playing time goes up.....

his batting average will plumet towards Wes Helms territory.

I said that after his first 5 starts he was 0 for 17 and was ridiculed for "sample size". Well about 3 weeks later he's batting .247. The guy is a bench player.

Also nice to see Counsell with 2 hits and Helms with 1 out of the 5 hits tonight to prove Yost right.

I would guess the big pro-Ginter crowd would be frustrated, seeing as how he has been Helms-like since getting the starting 2nd base job. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived