Brewer Fanatic

5/12/2004 - Brewers (Obermueller) vs. Expos (Day)

I noticed this hadn't been posted yet so I decided I'd do it. If someone could put a thread on it so it stayed at that top that would be appreciated.

MLB.com preveiw

milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mil/news/mil_news.jsp?ymd=20040511&content_id=741198&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp

I'll try typing it on my own and see how I do:

Line up

Montreal

No. Pos. Player

1 CF Endy Chavez

2 SS Orlando Cabrera

3 2B Jose Vidro

4 1B Brad Wilkerson

5 3B Tony Bautista

6 LF Termell Sledge

7 RF Ron Calloway

8 C Brian Schneider

9 P Zachary Day

Milwaukee

No. Pos. Player

1 CF Scott Podsednik

2 SS Craig Councell

3 2B Keith Ginter

4 LF Geoff Jenkins

5 1B Lyle OVerbay

6 3B Wes Helms

7 RF Ben Grieve

8 C Gary Bennett

9 P Wes Obermueller

If I had enough time I would add the HR, RBI, and BA but the game is about to start.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Montreal Milwaukee

1 Endy Chavez, CF Scott Podsednik, CF

2 Orlando Cabrera,SS Craig Counsell, SS

3 Jose Vidro, 2B Keith Ginter, 2B

4 Brad Wilkerson,1B Geoff Jenkins, LF

5 Tony Batista, 3B Lyle Overbay, 1B

6 Terrmel Sledge, LF Wes Helms, 3B

7 Ron Calloway, RF Ben Grieve, RF

8 Brian Schneider, C Gary Bennett, C

9 Zach Day, P Wes Obermueller, P

I tried, but I can't get this spaced right. I could try harder, but that would require effort.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Expos:

1. Endy Chavez, CF

2. Orlando Cabrera, SS

3. Jose Vidro, 2B

4. Brad Wilkerson, 1B

5. Tony Batitsa, 3B

6. Terrmel Sledge, LF

7. Ron Calloway, RF

8. Brian Schneider, C

9. Zach Day, SP

Brewers:

1. Scott Posednik, CF

2. Craig Counsell, SS

3. Keith Ginter, 2B

4. Geoff Jenkins, LF

5. Lyle Overbay, 1B

6. Wes Helms, 3B

7. Ben Grieve, RF

8. Gary Bennett, C

9. Wes Obermueller, SP

No game thread started til after 6 PM? Is everybody taking a vacation day?

Thanks to all for the lineups. The efforts are appreciated.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Obie seems to be pitching well enough. Too bad tow of the three hits given up were a triple and a dinger.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We should spend more time bashing Counsell around here. We scream for his benching, he becomes the only guy on the team who hits. Oh, wait, I forgot Gary Bennett -- but this won't be the last time that happens.

Greg.

hey... why did Durrington just pinch hit for Kieschnick? I'm watching ESPN's GameCast so I don't know what's going on. Seems like they brought in Brooks to pitch the 7th because the #9 slot was up in the bottom of the inning... but then he leaves? Did he get hurt?

In the Bottom of the 7th, Durrington Phed for the Kiesh. Why? The Kiesch is a much better hitter. Note to Ned let the Kiesh hit and have Durrington run for him. Just not seeing why he did that? I'm following the game via MLB Gameday so if what I said above didn't occur then I apologize.

SBS

EDIT: Glad to see me and bernieh are on the same page. Welcome Aboard

Nedley wanted the right-handed hitting Durrington to face the left-hander. Not sure if I agree with that, but he apparently thinks that's a better matchup than Kieschnick facing a southpaw.

~Bill

Ok, I can handle that. I've seen Brooks look pretty bad against some lefties.

It was a risky move by the Expos to walk Ginter to get to the lefty Jenkins, but it worked out for 'em. Let's hope Viz and Kolb can nail down the 8th and 9th.

Community Moderator

Not sure if I agree with that, but he apparently thinks that's a better matchup than Kieschnick facing a southpaw.

Brooks has hit .091/.091/.364 vs. LHP over the last 2 years... Pretty hard to criticise that decision.

Luis sits 'em down quickly in the 8th!

So... I've seen some good action on Vizcaino's split this year, but is his velocity down? I was at Shea for the Mets series and the stadium gun was only registering 90 mph for his fastball. Similarly, it had Kolb topping out at 92 mph. Was it just a slow gun, or are our arms gettin' soft? Kolb won't live long as a one-pitch pitcher if his one pitch is a 92 mph fastball.

Brooks has hit .091/.091/.364 vs. LHP over the last 2 years... Pretty hard to criticise that decision.

True... if I took issue with the decision, it would be because I would have liked to see Brooks stay in the game to pitch the next inning. Since Vizco took care of bizness, it proved to be a good decision.

~Bill

Archived