Brewer Fanatic

5/13/2004 - Brewers (Davis) vs. Expos (Kim)

MassBrew

Chalk up another one for the MLB.TV PC package, especially today for someone like me, a non-local:

The normal local blackout restrictions apply for fans in Wisconsin, but non-locals can catch the stadium feed coupled with the radio call from Bob Uecker and Jim Powell. Fox Sports Net North is not broadcasting Thursday's game.

Cool -- and here I was thinking that this was the first game all year that I would not be able to "see" a game, either live or archived. And I normally do the Bob & Jim audio as well, so my normal routine -- sweet!

OK, enough gloating as I continue to enjoy a little vacation time this week.

Here's the Brewer site preview:

milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com...;fext=.jsp

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm heading down to the game again today. Hopefully they can finish the sweep. I went the last night's game with my fiancee at the last minute, a few observations.

Aside from the two home runs, Obermueller looked really good. The highlight of the first five innings was in the bottom of the second inning when an usher got drilled in the family jewels by a foul ball.

Otherwise, I was impressed by Overbay's plate appearances, and Luis V's domination throwing strikes...

Kolb looked good an its too bad there were only 10K fans there... go crew

Call me unconvinced but against the worst line-up in baseball Obermueller still posts a 4.50 ERA? He may have bought himself more time, but I'm leaning more fluke that real at this point.

MONTREAL EXPOS

Hitters

E. Chavez CF .237

E. Diaz C .190

J. Vidro 2B .270

O. Cabrera SS .258

J. Rivera LF .247

T. Batista 3B .218

T. Sledge 1B .243

V. Pascucci RF .133

S. Kim P .167

Totals 0

MILWAUKEE BREWERS

Hitters

S. Podsednik CF .287

C. Counsell SS .230

B. Hall 2B .260

G. Jenkins LF .272

L. Overbay 1B .352

W. Helms 3B .229

B. Grieve RF .279

C. Moeller C .247

D. Davis P 0 .000

Nice to see Ned stay with Counsell who has been swinging a pretty good bat lately, but also getting Billy Hall in there. Looks like a winning line up to me.

Brewers are 0-3 in games where they are going for the sweep. Isn't it great that it isn't even the middle of may and the Brewers already have their fourth chance for a sweep!

Big game today to get the record two games over .500. A sweep and an 18-16 record ought to attract some fan attention for the very winnable weekend series vs. the Braves.

Also, just wanted to say that for being the "worst" team in baseball, Montreal sure is tough. I can't remember I've seen a bad team with as good of pitching as they have.

Cool -- and here I was thinking that this was the first game all year that I would not be able to "see" a game, either live or archived. And I normally do the Bob & Jim audio as well, so my normal routine -- sweet!

I hate you MassBrew. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Downtrodden Milwaukeean,

~Bill

I'm with you MassBrew. I knew all week that the game wouldn't be on FSN, so I assumed no MLB.TV. Now I hear the good news of being able to see the game on the stadium feed with Ueck and Jim's WTMJ call. I'm pumped. I hope MLB.TV has the video and audio on the same page. No fun seeing Jim Powell call a strike only to see it 15 seconds later.

As for Kim, he started the year in the bullpen and was lights out. This is just his third start for Montreal this season. He won his first two starts of the year against two very good ballclubs in LA and St. Louis. He has a solid artillery with a mid-90's fastball with good movement, complimented by a nice curve and change-up. Against ST. Louis he got in a bit of trouble with walks. He issued 4 free passes in 6 innings that bubbled up his pitch count causing him to leave after 6.

-Slide-, thanks for the info on Kim. Sounds like we need to focus on patience at the plate again if we want the sweep. I wouldn't mind if we could get an early lead for Davis to put the doubt in Montreal's psyche. They sure must be PO'd about the last 2 games.

thanks for the lineups. I line Hall in there to give Ginter a day off. Putting him in our 3-hole might give him some great pitches to hit today...lots of fastballs, just to his liking. I don't see Hall getting a steady diet of offspeed stuff with Jenkins and Overbay to follow

Verified Member

Okay,

CBS Sportsline's game tracker has a guy named Joel Rivera on the Brewers bench.

WHO IS HE???!!!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eek.gif

Well so much for the nice AB.

Ueck is bashing Billy pretty good for a play he just made...

he called it "an embarassing play for the crew".

I guess Overbay made an error and it went towards 2B and with the runner already to first base Hall tried to throw him out anyways and threw it so badly the guy that was on first base scored on the play.

Ueck still harping on it. It's defense like this from Hall that keeps him from playing SS every day.

Verified Member
That was just a bad inning for the Brewers with 2 errors and a walk. Of course the game isn't over, but it sure would be nice to take the first lead in the early innings for once.

[ That was just a bad inning for the Brewers with 2 errors and a walk. Of course the game isn't over, but it sure would be nice to take the first lead in the early innings for once. ]

But then it surely wouldn't be a battle, now would it?

Archived