Brewer Fanatic

05/14/2004 - Brewers (Santos) vs. Braves (Ramirez)

batman
Not that I like being down, but Ginter has 2 hits and looks better (more aggressive) at the plate. Jenkins is due for a double or homer. And Lyle is a dynamo. Just gotta hope we get those two runs back before we get to Clark. For once, having a struggling Helms hitting behind Overbay doesn't look so bad. Oh well, got my fingers crossed

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching a very good game until Mr. Viz came in to serve up back to back jacks

It was fun seeing the Brewers on TV only to have it semi-spoiled by our favorite reliever. Still a lot of game left though and with this club I'm sure they'll battle until the 27th out

Smoltz hasn't been invincible, so they've still got a chance in the ninth. It would be nice to see Counsell, Grieve, and Kieschnick get chances against him... Clark, Helms, and Moeller are due up, so I'd guess at least one or two of the above get pinch-hit opportunities.

And what's up with Jeff Bennett pitching in close games again? How many times does he have to fail in these situations to pitch his way out of the role?

~Bill

So has Santos pitched his way into the rotation?

I think so. At this point, he should probably keep his spot when Capuano comes back and Obermueller should be sent to the bullpen.

~Bill

Talking about strange PH (or not choices) when exactly did Yost decide never to bring in his back up catcher in a game. He seemed to change catchers a number of times last year. I ask since Bennet would have been preferrable to Durrington with a runner on second. (of course bunting to get to Durrington is somewhat questionable)

for once I don't agree with Yost's calls. I'd have been tempted to go Counsell for Clark (need someone on base, and Counsell can slap it), Grieve for Helms, and Kieschnick for Moeller

Another question though. Why do we use Durrington to PH when we have Bennett? I mean, if Durrington is the emergency catcher, then shouldn't we be keeping him on the bench at all costs, and be willing to use the superior hitter?

Request For Information

Quote:
To: Yost Defenders

RE: Bench Use In 9th Inning

We are hoping you can help us figure out why Ned Yost decided not to pinch-hit for Brady Clark, Wes Helms, and/or Chad Moeller in the ninth inning tonight. Ben Grieve, Brooks Kieschnick, and Craig Counsell were all available off the bench. John Smoltz was on the mound, and his featured pitch is a nasty slider that is rough on right-handers. We are sure that Mr. Yost's genius explains this odd decision, but have not yet been able to get our heads around the explanation. Please advise.

Thank you,

Brewerfan Nation

Give Ramirez his props...pitched a very good game....so did Santos. Brewers had some opportunities to score, didn't do it, that happens. Ugly game for the Brewers...but at least the Brewers might have found a better person than Obermueller or Kinney. Might have a good pitcher and 3 decent ones when Caps comes back.

Yeah... for two runs?

I'm going to just die of embarrassment atfer this one. ANY time a starter shuts the other side out for seven @!*&@#@ innings the Crew ought to put the darn game away with a WIN.

They need Cappy up there tomorrow. Bullpen game won't cut it.

The Crew has no room for error against good teams.

Archived