Brewer Fanatic

05/14/2004 - Brewers (Santos) vs. Braves (Ramirez)

batman

05/14/2004 - Brewers (Santos) vs. Braves (Ramirez)

Ned Yost takes on his mentor, Bobby Cox, on "Milwaukee Braves Night" at Miller Park. Lots of great stuff going on, and thanks to the roof there is no chance of a rainout despite the lousy weather. Reduced ticket prices, $1 hot dogs and sodas, and lots of free autographs... how can you go wrong?

The Daily Brew Series Preview:

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDai...portId=217

ESPN/Sports Ticker Series Preview:

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/pr...=240514108

CBS Sportsline Series Preview:

cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/ga...14_ATL@MIL

Horacio Ramirez takes on Victor Santos, so we'll have to see how Nedley configures the lineup against the southpaw.

Go Brewers!

~Bill

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Bill I think Ned will play with the line-up a bit. Maybe go with this...Overbay is going so well. I don't think Ned would even think of resting him and starting Helms at 1st and Ginter at 3rd, but I might be wrong.

CF Pods

SS Hall

2b Spivey

LF Jenkins

1B Overbay

3B Helms

RF Clark or Ginter

C Moeller

P Santos

If Spivey is still out move Ginter there and keep Clark. I wouldn't be shocked to see Counsell start, given that Ned started him against Glavine a week ago. But I'll go with Hall since he went yard yesterday.

New Lineups:

ATLANTA MILWAUKEE AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Wilson Betemit SS .083 0 0 Scott Podsednik CF .284 3 13 Marcus Giles 2B .325 3 18 Bill Hall SS .278 3 14 J.D. Drew RF .319 6 17 Keith Ginter 2B .238 6 13 Chipper Jones LF .275 3 7 Geoff Jenkins LF .271 4 22 Adam Laroche 1B .235 2 11 Lyle Overbay 1B .348 5 34 Andruw Jones CF .252 5 15 Brady Clark RF .241 3 10 Eddie Perez C .200 0 1 Wes Helms 3B .239 2 9 Mark Derosa 3B .208 2 17 Chad Moeller C .263 2 12 Horacio Ramirez LHP .000 0 0 Victor Santos RHP .000 0 0 (0-3, 2.75) (1-0, 4.50)

The original lineups had Counsell, Hall, and Grieve playing... in reality, it's Hall, Ginter, and Clark.

~Bill

ATLANTA BRAVES

Hitters AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG

W. Betemit SS .083

M. Giles 2B .325

J. Drew RF .319

C. Jones LF .275

A. LaRoche 1B .235

A. Jones CF .252

E. Perez C .200

M. DeRosa 3B .208

H. Ramirez P .000

MILWAUKEE BREWERS

S. Podsednik CF .284

C. Counsell SS .243

B. Hall 2B .278

G. Jenkins LF .271

L. Overbay 1B .348

W. Helms 3B .239

B. Grieve RF .271

C. Moeller C .263

V. Santos P .000

Some HORRID averages in that Braves lineup.

They've got the numbers on the front, no name on the back, and that screaming Indian guy on the left sleeve. Otherwise, I think they are identical to the Braves' current home uniforms. Pretty weird to watch.

And for those of us in the Milwaukee area, the TBS broadcast is blacked out. I was looking forward to watching it, but I guess Daron and Bill will have to do.

EDIT: I almost forgot... those socks are AWESOME.

~Bill

Santos looks great in that uni... definitely. I'm way too young to have seen the Braves play in Milwaukee, but their threads were ahead of their time. Good stuff.

~Bill

And for those of us in the Milwaukee area, the TBS broadcast is blacked out. I was looking forward to watching it, but I guess Daron and Bill will have to do.

Here in AZ, I've got the choice. Gotta go with Daron and Bill, cause I want to stay awake. I can't stand the Braves announcers. Announcers I like are the Dbacks (now, not last year), Dodgers, Giants, and Cardinals (Buck). I guess I'd like the Pads, since they have Vasgersian, but their feed never is presented for games.

Lyle Overbay is...

ace, admirable, august, best, breathtaking, choice, elegant, elevated, exalted, excellent, exquisite, fab, fine, glorious, gorgeous, grand, greatest, in orbit, lofty, magnificent, majestic, marvelous, matchless, noble, optimal, optimum, outstanding, peerless, prime, proud, rad, resplendent, solid, splendid, splendiferous, splendorous, standout, state-of-the-art, stunning, sublime, super, superb, superior, superlative, tops, unrivaled, very best, zero cool

(Thanks Thesaurus.com)

~Bill

Watching the game, thanks TBS. So far Santos has looked pretty good through four. Overbays swing can only be described as sweet, two hits so far. Chad Moeller looked bad with the bases loaded, striking out on pitches almost in the dirt. Brady Clark has hit into two double plays, the first was avoided only by an error on the SS. Tough game so far, it will be close(hope!)

Bob Brainerd is not only an incompetent, annoying boob... but he also has zero interviewing skills. Where did they find this guy? Why can't Craig Coshun do the sideline reporting again?

EDIT: A quick google search reveals that Bob Brainerd worked at Watts Communication doing some work on the TMJ4 Preps Plus show. Here's his bio, thanks to the wonders of the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine:

Quote:
Having served as sports producer, reporter, and anchor at WEAU-TV, WTMJ-TV, and WISN-TV among others, Bob brings extensive broadcast experience to Watts Communications. That experience has allowed Watts to greatly expand its broadcast programming roster with Bob developing and producing television programs such as: Preps Plus, The Marquette Basketball Coaches Shows, and other pilot programs. Bob has also employed his creative and organizational talents in the production of award winning corporate training videos and commercials.

Apparently he has some experience, but the dude is annoying and not good at his job. I didn't have a problem with Coshun, and he does an acceptable job on the pre-game show. Why don't they give Bill Michaels an audition? Or anyone else for that matter... they can't be worse than Brainerd.

~Bill

Archived