Brewer Fanatic

5/15/2004 - Brewers (Kinney) vs. Braves (Ortiz)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish Johnny Estrada was our catcher.

And this team doesn't look like the same team that we've been watching over the last few weeks. Maybe Nedley needs to meet a new NASCAR driver in order to find some inspiration.

And the Braves need a third-baseman so they can move DeRosa to second. Think they'd be interested in getting Helms back?

~Bill

"I know when Bobby likes to hit and run," Yost said. "I know what counts he likes to steal bases in and when he likes to squeeze. But Bobby knows that I know. And he knows that I know that he knows."

I think this helps explain Yost?s bizarre behavior in this series. He must be thinking that if he makes no moves or all bad ones, Cox?s head will explode and we could take 1 out of 3.

Dont worry Ginter is just in a little bit of a slump. We all know that given a full season he will bat about .330 and his OPS will be well above 900. You can't use a month as a sample. As long as he plays 8 days a week, come September you will think he's the second coming of Brooks Robinson.

Dont worry Ginter is just in a little bit of a slump. We all know that given a full season he will bat about .330 and his OPS will be well above 900. You can't use a month as a sample. As long as he plays 8 days a week, come September you will think he's the second coming of Brooks Robinson.

This is getting pretty lame. I took the time to answer everything you said in the thread you started, and I included a fairly extensive explanation of my (and others') arguments re: Ginter's potential. I hope you realize that Ginter's current line is:

.250 / .355 / .478 / .833

By comparison, here's Scott Podsednik:

.276 / .352 / .410 / .763

And here's Geoff Jenkins:

.264 / .329 / .453 / .782

And here's your favorite, apparently, Wes Helms:

.250 / .298 / .336 / .635

You either have an unhealthy obsession with batting average, or you don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Jeez.

~Bill

I was just joking. I knew it would get some of you worked up. I know Pods and Jenks have both been struggling lately. (I Have both of them on my fantasy team! grr) I also agree (as I've said numerous times) that Wes Helms is not very good. I simply was being extremely sarcastic and I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who read it could tell. For those of you who thought I was serious, I'm truely sorry. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Hey Mike,

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen a post with your opinion of the bottom of the 9th friday. What's your take on not using the lefties?

And it's hard to tell sarcasm when a post is in line with previous posts.

I had a problem with not going to the lefties. I was getting ready to go to the bars and thought I'd stay home to see what they could get going against Smoltz. I went down to change and fully expected to come up and see Counsell, Brooks, and Grieve. I actually wanted to post, but I was already late to meet people.

I was going to post yesterday but was busy with graduation stuff. Today is the first time I've posted this weekend and had simply forgotten about it. But that was a bonehead of an inning for our manager.

Archived