Brewer Fanatic

05/16/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Braves (Wright)

batman

I had the pleasure of attending today and despite the 30 minute delay in Lake Mills on the way home, I am still jacked. What a great performance by Sheets. To be an ace, he must do what he did today--dominate and end a losing streak.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! I just watched the game on Tivo - the greatest invention since the wheel

Yeah, I was going to gloat about having this game on video tape (yes!) before I remembered just what kind of inroads TIVO technology has made just about everywhere but my house http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif .

Regardless, this prized tape will go into my special collection (along with two recent Super Bowl's http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif -- hey, I'm a New Englander in all things but baseball), where I will dust it off occasionally and enjoy.

At one point I think we all conceded that the A's made the right choice (Barry Zito, 9th overall, 1999) instead of Mr. Olympic Hero (10th overall). Care to revisit that one?

Massbrew, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it's way too early in both men's careers to be closing any books.

Here's why I just love Ben Sheets. He's talking to JP after the game, talking about how he really doesn't try to strike people out, and he says that his walk came when he went for the K, and walking somebody after an 0-2 count "didn't make me very happy." He strikes out 18, and yes, he's into it -- but he's annoyed with himself for the walk.

By the way, have you seen that list of guys with 18 or more strikeouts in a game? It's surprising how few of them were flashes in the pan. It's just one game, but you simply can't do it if you aren't pretty darn good.

Also, somebody was asking about changeups; he said he threw one.

Greg.

We had Friday tickets instead of Sunday, dagnabbit, but at the five games we have attended to date this year, the K signs have never been in use. Last season, Bernie often seemed to lose track of the Ks, so maybe no signs are better than inaccurate ones.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived