Brewer Fanatic

05/16/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Braves (Wright)

batman
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I logged into the internet here at the airport just in time to see Sheets lose his shutout. From his stat line he looks like he is absolutely dealing. Moose Haas' 14 K record is in serious trouble.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Anybody notice that Helms was bumped down the order a spot? He's hitting 7th today. I thought third basemen had to hit 6th?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Like I have been saying, Ben HAS TURNED INTO AN ACE. He has finally gotten that run support I've been begging for. 60/9 K/BB ratio is pretty darn good, if not spectacular.

Make that 63/9, great job Ben

He ties the record. 14K's is amazing.

And there it is!! 15 strikeouts is a new Brewer record.

18! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eek.gif

There's Milwaukee's All-Star this year (although Overbay, Pods, &/or Jenkins may sneak in as well).

I daresay today's crowd is going home happy. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Awesome...just awesome!

Shatters the previous record of 14 Ks with 18!

Do game threads like this get archived? I sure hope so. I just wanted to get in a rare post to be a part of this game thread.

Attendance at games Sheets starts at home outta really start skyrocketing. I'm so pissed I went last night instead of today. I always miss history by one day.

I didn't go to the game b/c I had my bachelor party this weekend in the Dells and i got back after the 2nd. But I have seen a performance similar to that one. It was the 2nd season of Miller Park, 3rd game of season and Schilling pitched a 1 hit shutout against us. But that was damn impressive.

I am glad I decided to sit down and watch the whole game. This is one of the best performances that I've ever seen. He made the Braves lefty's look like idiots the whole time. The homer he gave up just carried out, I thought it was going to get caught.

Yes, I saw the same game, German (4/07/02).

I went back and checked my scorecard. 17 strikeouts for Curt, 1 hit, by Raul Casanova in the 3rd. Two BB, both to Jeffrey Hammonds. Jose Hernandez leads the Crew at 0-3, 3 K. Final score was 2-0.

It was definetely the most dominant performance I had ever seen. I have to add today's game to that now (although I wasn't there today).

MJC

Edit: I looked at two cards at the same time and accidentally recorded Berkman and Hidalgo as having homered for the D-Backs.

This is the new Milwaukee Brewers my friend.....we live in a world where 2 Brewer all-star representatives is a legitimate possibility

As opposed to the last two years?

I just checked in a bit ago, and thought that Sheets' line was a typo. Simply astonishing...I'm jealous of those who were there in person.

Archived