Brewer Fanatic

05/16/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Braves (Wright)

batman

05/16/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Braves (Wright)

The Brewers look to avoid the sweep today behind Ben Sheets. Former Cleveland Postseason Hero Jaret Wright, who is resurrecting his career in Atlanta, goes for the Braves.

I'll be enjoying this one in-person, so I'll be offline all day. I do want to send out an apology to Nedley about last night's decision to remove Grieve so early. Apparently, Ben pulled a groin and is day-to-day. It doesn't account for all the other things Nedley did that were perplexing, but ya' gotta admit when you're wrong. My bad, Mr. Yost.

Enjoy the game and go Crew!

~Bill

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Helms is hitting .341 in his last ten games with 7 RBI. I don't think he needs to be benched right now. What we need to do is get another starting pitcher from the scrap heap. Nugget Miner better get his pith helmet on.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Sacrifice Fly from Jenkins, Scoring Podsednik

Two Run Double from Overbay, Scoring Counsell and Hall

Ben Sheets has to be the happiest man in the ballpark, doubling his run support of 1.5 in his last four starts...In the FIRST inning.

EDITED: Bad grammar.

Verified Member
Helms just doesn't seem to fit in this lineup. Everyone else put together a quality at-bat this inning, but Helms swings at the first pitch and fouls out. This was immediately after the pitcher walked another guy and had no control at all.

Helms has shown that he CAN hit. He really needs to buy into the Brewers approach (patient, opposite field) or else it's time for him to go. Guys like Keith Ginter and Bill Hall have to rot on the bench, when they have less playing time under their belt and STILL do the small things better than Wes.

Verified Member
He probably thought he checked his swing and that it was a wild pitch. But still, he should have been running because the umpire did give the out signal.

Archived