Brewer Fanatic

05/18/2004 - Brewers (Davis) @ San Juan Expos (Day)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to break away from the Crew for a second, but since they're not on TV is anyone watching the DBacks/Braves on TBS? Randy Johnson (JINX alert) has a no-no thru 6.

Back to our regularly scheduled Brewer in game thread.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Let's see 'em make excuses for the Unit.

Edit: Braves guys are talking good about Sheets tonight anyway. They're comparing Ben's outing to Johnson's in terms of balls/strikes.

Double Edit: Actually, he's perfect thru 6, now 7, now 8.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Community Moderator

I made a lame stab at humor, due to a seemingly constant state of having 2-3 guys unavailable who are not DL'd, and I'm getting fragged for it.

Sorry RoCo.... I did miss the sarcasm.

And I do agree that the Spivey situation has been handled extremely poorly.

Bravo Mike Adams, a 1-2-3 inning.

On another note though, I thought our 6-9 part of our lineup was supposed to sustain rallies this yera. They have been black hole for most of the season. Brady Clark has to be about the worst 6 hitter in all of baseball. If we had Spivey and Hall in the lineup somewhere, It wouldnt be as bad.

C'mon Biddle, remember last week?

So when do we have to really get worried about Scotty's slump?

Last 10 games (53 PA):

Just 5 walks.

OBP has dropped 20 points.

SLG% has dropped 50 points.

OPS has dropped roughly 70 points.

It is time to get worried, in my view. And give him a couple days off, even if it means Brady Clark has to play CF for a couple games.

Well, we've been spoiled with some rallies...tonight just wasn't gonna happen. Let's get 'em tomorrow.

PS- Johnson perfect thru 8 1/3.

Archived