Brewer Fanatic

5/19/2004 - Brewers (Santos) at San Juan Expos (Kim)

Brewers RHP Victor Santos looks to secure a spot in the rotation. Santos has a 1.59 ERA in three starts since joining the rotation. His last appearance against the Braves was one of the best of his career, which included seven innings of shutout baseball.

The Expos will send RHP Sun-Woo Kim to the mound. Kim is also a converted starter, but has not faired quite as well as Santos. In three starts Kim has compiled a 6.00 ERA. That includes his last appearance against the Brewers in which he went 4 2/3 innings giviing up 7 earned runs.

Lyle Overby looks to continue his hitting streak to 19 games. Overby is currently the only Brewer regular batting over .270. The rest of the team will need to get the bats going in order to tie up the three game series.

Game time: 6:05 CST

TV: None

Radio: WTMJ 620 (AM)

Brewers official site Preview:

here

ESPN Preview:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=240519120

Edit: If someone wants to post this that would be great. Sorry if I infringed on anyones job today.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Can't wait to see Overbay go for 19 in a row.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Milwaukee

CF S. Podsednik cf .270

SS C. Counsell .246

3B K. Ginter .268

LF G. Jenkins .269

1B L. Overbay .368

2B B. Hall .270

RF B. Grieve .264

C G. Bennett .241

P V. Santos

Montreal

CF E. Chavez .224

2B J. Vidro .246

SS O. Cabrera .245

LF C. Everett .242

1B B. Wilkerson .244

3B T. Batista .234

RF T. Sledge .264

C B. Schneider .234

P S. Kim .250

Does Bennett usually catch Santos? I actually think both have caught him. With a day game on Thursday, I guess that means Moeller with catch Obermueller. Now I know for certain that is a change because Bennett has caught all his starts.

Looks like Grieve is good to go.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well there should be no complaints on the lineup today - Ginter is starting, Hall is starting and the 3rd base is not batting 6th. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Is this some sort of joke? Nedley hasn't been this creative with a lineup since... well... never.

He's never had to setup a lineup outside the continental US. Maybe travel to distant locals is all he needed to get creative.

The good thing is it's artificial turf, so hte field would be much more "playable" after the rains. Is P.R. like Miami in that they get the nightly early evening rains?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

That lineup does look great. I like Hall as a 6 hitter very much, and Grieve in there as well. I'd almost go so far as to say that is one of the best looking lineups we've sent out there this year.

But: already down 2-0, I thought this team wasnt supposed to have any offense...it looks like we are the ones with no offense so far.

Wes Helms - injured, somewhat seriously when he slipped in the tunnel before the game. Preliminary indications are sprained MCL, and he has already gone back to Milwaukee for tests. Wes just seemed to be better at the plate, better ABs and going to RF somewhat, this is terrible timing. I hope he can get back very soon.

Helms--seriously??

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw the other thread.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Get Kolb up...we need to get 3 outs in a hurry. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

(Yes, I'm being sarcastic...but I do want this game to count....even though Lyle screwed up his hit streak by grounding out. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif )

Archived