Brewer Fanatic

5/20/2004 - Brewers (Wise) @ San Juan Expos (Ohka)

OK somethings we learned yesterday.

1) nothing like a rain delay for an afternoon game to drive the BFnet community crazy.

2) Melvin with the astute call on going for the bullpen game today. Nice to see a little outside the box thinking. And with the pen already pretty rested and Sheets going tomorrow it's a much better bet then the other way.

3) Never doubt Podzilla!

4) Bill Hall is Jose Hernandez

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melvin was helped out on that pitching decision by the Expos minor league lineup. I kind of feel bad for Ohka, albeit not yesterday, considering the total lack of support he's receiving.

Robert

Not to take the conversation in a different direction, but it is time to sit Pods down for a game or two. Last year he hit a fatigue wall and his numbers dropped. After some time off, he pulled his average back up above .300. I know he is still getting on base, but I can't remember the last time I saw an average drop as fast as his has. Maybe if this game isn't played, Yost could give him tomorrow off too. Then 2 games before another break. Keep him out of the cage too for a bit or just let Butch at him. Just fix the problem.

I dont mind eating my own words if it means a Brewers win.

Verified Member
Did anyone else wonder if it was a correct move to PH Kieschnick in a tie game without putting him in to pitch an inning? Maybe he was not available to pitch, but I thought with relievers doing all the pitching and a possible extra-inning game, using him as a PH wasted the opportunity to get a inning of pitching out of him later.

Archived