Brewer Fanatic

05/21/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) at Pirates (Fogg)

batman

05/21/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) at Pirates (Fogg)

Doesn't look like rain will be a problem tonight as the Brewers visit PNC Park to take on the Pirates. Josh Fogg has been beat up pretty bad, so hopefully the Crew can get some early runs and Sheets can follow up his remarkable 18K performance with another win.

Daily Brew Series Preview:

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDai...portId=229

Speaking of the Daily Brew, it is having some technical difficulties that "hide" some of the entries. You can still access them, but you'll have to use the direct links... here are the other recent ones that are currently hiding:

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDai...portId=219

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDai...portId=221

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDai...portId=222

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDai...portId=223

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDai...portId=226

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDai...portId=228

Should be fixed soon.

~Bill

Doesn't look like rain will be a problem tonight

Hopefully Fogg won't be a problem either.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I've always loved to watch Sheets pitch, but I must admit there is even something more special about it this year.

Note of interest...Because of a rain-out Tuesday, the Pirates and Kris Benson were pushed back a day and forced to play a doubleheader on Wednesday. So Benson will be going on 3 days rest. Hopefully that proves to be a good thing for us. Maybe he'll only be able to go 5 or 6, he threw a hellava gem a few weeks back in Milwaukee against Sheets.

SBS

I think tonight's game is huge for the Brewers, and for Ben Sheets. If Sheets comes out and looks even halfway dominant tonight, it will be getting closer to the time when all of us can scratch off '#1 starter' for the Brewers wish list. Then they can concentrate on finding a #2....

I agree that I like this matchup on paper, but I am a bit worried about the Brewer's anemic offense as of late.

Let's say 7 IP, 3ER for Sheets, and 5 IP 4 ER for Fogg. Brewers win, 5-3.

If Pods can get on base a few times and Jenkins could find his stroke, we could shell this guy.

MJC

Assuming Sheets pitches tomorrow, as a result of being bumped today, does this essentially mean that Capuano will get another extra rehab appearence, or do you think Obermueller will be used out of the bullpen?

Saturday: Sheets

Sunday: Davis

Monday - off -

Tuesday: Santos

Wednesday: Capuano / Obermueller (?)

Thursday: Sheets

[insert derogatory comment about lousy, cheap Pittsburgians who didn't add a retractable roof. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif ]

This postponement is fishy. True there is a line of severe storms headed to Pittsburgh. But this same line got through Chicago in about an hour. I think Pirates were looking to save staff after playing doubleheader Wednesday.

hey flithy....since Benson was scheduled to go on 3 days rest Sunday my guess is that we'll see Fogg and Wells. As for the Brewers rotation I suppose Yost will throw Sheets and Davis this weekend. Off day Monday and then we throw Santos, Cappie and Sheets at the Dodgers. With Davis, Obie, and Santos going against SD. So Obie is probably available out of the pen this weekend thru Tuesday of next week

With the long flight for San Juan and the late arrival this is kind of a good thing maybe? Heck with Pitt playing a DH and us coming back from PR. Imagine both clubs were like rain-out...that's cool

Apparently, there is a tornado warning.

The silly thing is that I even went so far as to check weather.com this morning before posting the game thread because JP and Bob were talking yesterday about the bad weather in PA. I guess my meteorology skills are in need of fine-tuning. Oh well.

~Bill

Verified Member

That's five straight days of no Brewers baseball on TV. This is like torture.

I was REALLY looking forward to seeing tonight's game just because it feels like it has been ages since I have seen a Brewers game.

I hate this.

A nesting doll is a russian babooshkah (spelling varies) doll. You know, the wooden stackable egg-like dolls. I have Barry Bonds, the Alou Bros, Ichiro, and Wally Szczerbiak ones. They are nest.

Archived