Brewer Fanatic

5/23/2004 - Brewers (Davis) @ Pirates (K. Wells)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

That was awesome, and I think we really needed this win going into the Dodgers/Padres x 2 + Anaheim stretch.

Yeah, the momentum from today should help. While the schedule does get much harder, I think we should be very happy that we're playing the Dodgers next, since they're playing horrendus baseball right now. With their loss to the Braves today, they've lost 9 of their last 10, including 8 losses in a row at one point. I think that taking 2 of 3 at home vs. LA is definitely do-able, with a destict possibility for a sweep.

Quote:
When is the last time a full time closer went a full month without striking anyone out? Kolb is just about on the verge of that, but he gets the job done anyway.

He was out for a while, not sure if you could call him the full time closer for the last month.

Nice win,we caught a little break though when Ginter wasnt called out on strikes.Davis sure keeps us in games,i think the guy actually might be legit solid.My only peave was seeing Clark in the lineup,Grieve is hitting well,i never feel confident good will happen when Brady is batting.

Quote:
Nice win,we caught a little break though when Ginter wasnt called out on strikes.

I noticed that also, it looked like Ginter took a step toward the dugout before he realized it was a ball!

A few random thoughts on this thread.

I totally agree that Yost is too easy on the umpires. The none call on such an obvious attempt to break up a double play should have been more hotly contested.

While Clark isn't swinging the bat very well for the past few weeks, in this game he did make a couple nice plays that I am not sure Grieve would have made. Nevertheless, they need more production from the right fielder whoever he is. I can't understand why an athlete like Bill Hall is never mentioned for a switch to the outfield.

Someone mentioned Hall needing to learn value of a walk? Hall is not a number 2 hitter. He has become a run producer, not a table setter. Hit him 6th or 7th and don't worry about walks.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I agree about Hall, JB. He's 3rd on the team in RBI, despite having fewer than half as many at bats as the regulars. He's producing, whether it's with or without walks. It'd be NICE if he took more walks, but it's not HURTING his game, so I'm not gonna worry too much about it.

Archived