Brewer Fanatic

3/14/05 - Royals (Lima) @ Brewers (Hendrickson), 2:00 CT

MassBrew
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think Obie has a good chance to make a career in long-middle relief?

Last year he would pitch nicely the 1st time through the order, a little worse second time, and 3rd time(if he made it) was brutal.

I love it, Yost says 50 AB's will choose are starting 3B and Branyan will force his hand!

rluzinski why is your icon Ashlee Simpson if your a married man?

I dunno, it's funny? I put it on there after she was "caught" lip syncing.

That was a pretty nice performance by Obie today. I'm listening to Cubs/Sox and wind is blowing flyballs out of the park in Mesa. Obie by my count induced 6 ground ball outs along with 2 K's with no runs.

I'd say he's still in the competition for a rotation spot.

I know some of you don't want to hear that.

I think it's a great idea. His splits have always indicated it, and if he needs to bat, that's just fine.

I think you are referring to his tendancy to be fine once through the lineup then get clobbered. I agree and it probably indicates that he has only 1 serviceable pitch. Just a guess.

I'd say he's still in the competition for a rotation spot.

I know some of you don't want to hear that.

If he decides he wants to pitch more than once or twice through the order, that's fine with me.

Do we have to live with the Obie is fine once through the order myth? It is just not true. His OPS against in innings 1-3 is .771. He turns every one he faces into a corner outfileder. Yes he get worse but he starts off bad too!

Archived