Brewer Fanatic

3/22/05 - Brewers (Capellan) @ Cubs (Koronka), 2:00 PM CT

MassBrew
Quote:
Mark Belling just said he thinks that Brady Clark will be the worst center fielder in baseball this year.

Two words: Alex Sanchezhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

And when was the last time Belling made ANY sort of informed opinion about baseball?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll see if I can't get one online tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm thinking BIG BLOCK LETTERS with 3TO on the front, and the Brewerfan logo on the back.

Is there anyway you can put "Branyan" on the back, or is that breaking a law or something? Although the BF logo definitely needs to be pimped somewhere on the shirt.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Someone hasn't bothered to read the last three game threads.

Someone has been on vacation the last nine days.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

MILWAUKEE (4) AT CHICAGO CUBS (5) MILWAUKEE AB R H BI CHICAGO CUBS AB R H BI D Krynzel cf 3 1 2 0 J Hairston Jr cf 4 1 2 0 B Clark cf 2 0 1 1 N Perez ss 1 0 1 0 J Cirillo 2b 4 0 2 0 T Walker 2b 4 1 1 0 L Overbay 1b 5 0 1 0 C Murray cf 0 0 0 0 C Lee lf 3 0 0 0 N Garciaparra - 0 0 0 0 G Jenkins rf 3 0 0 0 C Ransom ss 1 0 0 0 B Hall 2b 1 0 0 0 A Ramirez 3b 4 0 1 0 R Branyan 3b 4 1 2 1 J Burnitz rf 4 1 2 2 D Miller c 3 0 1 0 D Lee 1b 3 0 1 0 M Johnson c 1 0 1 0 A Echevarria ph 1 0 0 0 J Hardy ss 3 1 2 0 T Hollandsworth l 3 0 2 0 B Kieschnick ph 1 0 1 0 J Dubois lf 1 0 0 0 C Hart pr 0 1 0 0 M Barrett c 2 0 0 0 J Capellan p 1 0 0 0 C Kopitzke c 1 0 0 0 M Wise p 1 0 0 0 J Koronka p 1 0 0 0 C Magruder rf 2 0 1 0 B Flowers ph 1 0 0 0 J Reyes ph 1 0 0 0 N Garciaparra - 0 0 0 0 A Garcia 3b 1 0 0 0 TOTALS 37 4 14 2 TOTALS 33 3 10 2 MILWAUKEE 100 010 002 -- 4 CHICAGO CUBS 004 000 10x -- 5 E--J Hairston Jr. DP--MILWAUKEE 1, CHICAGO CUBS 1. LOB--MILWAUKEE 8, CHICAGO CUBS 10. 2B--N Garciaparra, J Hairston Jr, R Branyan, C Magruder, J Hardy. 3B--J Hardy. HR--N Garciaparra 1 (6) (off R Helling), J Burnitz 1 (2) (off J Capellan), R Branyan 1 (4) (off C Fox). SB--T Hollandsworth 1 (1), J Hairston Jr 1 (1). IP H R ER BB SO HR MILWAUKEE J Capellan (L,0-1) 3 6 4 4 1 5 1 M Wise 2 1 0 0 0 1 0 R Bottalico 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 R Helling 1 3 1 1 0 1 1 M Adams 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 CHICAGO CUBS J Koronka (W,2-1) 4 6 1 1 0 1 0 J Leicester 1 2 1 1 0 1 0 W Ohman 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 M Remlinger 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 T Wellemeyer 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 C Fox (S,2) 1 5 2 2 1 0 1 SO--MIL: D Miller, C Lee, R Branyan, J Capellan. CHN: D Lee 2, T Hollandsworth, A Echevarria, B Flowers, J Koronka, J Burnitz. BB--MIL: C Lee, J Cirillo. CHN: M Barrett, C Murray. T--2:35. A--12,742. 

~Bill

I was at the game again today. Here are my thoughts:

Capellen did really well first time through the order but then hitters caught on to him. He had trouble with Garciaparra and hopefully he can fix that up. Hitting wise, Krynzel had a good day even though they were both singles. Lee didn't look like he was giving 100% effort but it might have been because he was playing his first game since like two weeks. The team was getting the hits but with RISP we didn't do too well. In the first with the bases loaded Lee grounded into a double play and there were a couple of other occasions where we had guys in scoring position and we didn't pull through. Branyan's homerun in the ninth was a blast. It started off a good rally that was stopped by the ump. Johnson getting was clearly safe at second base and that would have been the winning run if the up hadn't blown that call. It was clearly a double. I think the umpire just wanted to go home. They still were able to score a couple runs to put the Brewers within one. With the bases loaded and one out Overbay grounded to second and that was the contraversial call that ended the game. Yost was all over the ump. By the way it was the same ump that blew the second base call. So if you want you can say the Brewers won 6-5 but officially they lost 5-4.

On the trip I noticed how much fun it was to watch David Krynzel and Corey Hart play. Hart especially. If the Brewers decide to trade away one of there OF prospects I am hoping these two aren't one of them.

Read the latest. They're moving Crawford over to left and putting Sanchez in CF

What I'm reading is Crawford is moving to CF and Sanchez to a corner so that his poor defense would be minimized

Now I'm confused about DD's pitching today. Here's what the latest notes say:

"Davis also had success, pitching five innings and allowing one run on five hits and one walk while notching six strikeouts."

So it went from 3 hits no runs 5 K's, to that. Am i confused?

It's not just fanball saying it, either.

okay, I see there's more if I scroll down...I just saw the first two.

rotoworld

mlb.com today describing the difference for Crawford between LF and CF...no mention of back to LF

I have yet to read a quote that is from Piniella, so until then I'm assuming the original plan is that Sanchez is considered a possible starter unless they land someone else.

Archived