Brewer Fanatic

3/23/05 - Chisox (Garland) @ Brewers (Santos), 2:00 PM CT

MassBrew
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LV...I was primarily a center fielder, but I pitched a little past the high school level only out of necessity. I don't think I'm offering up any more insight than anyone who's ever had to learn to pitch on whatever level. It's a challenge trying to get your mind and body to work together to do something that it wasn't built to do (pitching).

I've put off surgery on my shoulder for over 10 years in order to still play while I'm young enough to do so (36). I was supposed to have the same capsular shift surgery that Jeff D'Amico had. What do doctors know? They told me that if I had the surgery, I wouldn't be able to play again. It hurts like heck, but as soon as the kids are able to play ball without my help...I'll gitter done.

Top of the 8th

Justin Lehr Pitching for the Crew

Gload - E6

Ozuna - Single to right

Tony Alvarez - 6-4 (runners on the corners)

Uribe - (Lehr threw away a pickoff attempt at 1st 12-5 Soxs) Single to Center 13-5 Soxs

Widger - F8

Martinez - 5-3 Weeks with a nice play on a tough hop

C. Lee is being held back from attacking Marte for hitting him w/ a pitch

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Bottom of the 8th

Marte now pitching for Sox

Prince - F7

Lee - HBP right in the hip. Lee took exception and the benches cleared. It was pretty funny watching Krynzel try to keep Lee from going out there

Weeks - (Durrington PR for Lee) K looking on a high and inside fastball, ump must have a tee time to get to. Week's approach at the plate looks just like Sheffield's. I had heard that, but it is definately true.

Helms (Balk on Marte, Durrington to second) - 5-3

They keep showing Lee in the dugout and he doesn't look real happy!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

I am sure Lee is probably unhappy with some of the "bad teammate" comments that came out after he left the White Sox. There could have been a pre-exising grudge already.

Getting hit might have just inflamed some of that.

Top of the 9th

Julio Santana in for the Crew

Valdez - Super Dave with a nice running catch in the right center gap. F8.

Borchard - Wind aided Double (I guess) Durrington with a horrible attempt in left. Trent get out of the way and let Dave get it! Just guard the line man.

Molina - K swinging

Gload - Single to right center (14-5 Soxs)

Ozuna - Single to right center runners at the corners

Alvarez - E3 Price just dropped one from Helms (15-5 soxs and this is really getting ugly)

Uribe - Single to left (16-5 )

Widger - Single to Center (17-5)

Santana coming out Kieshniek coming in

Bottom of 9th

Hermanson Pitching for Soxs

Again, guys sorry I had to do this in this fashion, but for some reason I don't get the edit post option when I post. Anyways, hope this helped for some of you to follow along.

Hall - Hard single to left center

Borders - F9

Hart - Single to left, Hall to second

Krynzel - The Pods comparison to Krynzel's new stance at the plate is pretty acurate. 6-3

Kieshniek - Infield single in the hole (17-6 Soxs)

Prince - GONE over the batters eye in dead center field (17-9 Soxs) ABSOLUTE BOMB!!!

Durrington - Infield single to short

Weeks - K swinging

that was crazy today. Uribe's flyball should have landed about 30 feet short of the wall, not 30 feet over. I swore Lee was hit in the ribs. I am worried since he was pushing two umpires. Fielder was very patient.

Hardy with a nice double. Spivey with a couple hits. Moeller with the stupidest out at the plate in history. He may be the slowest man in baseball, but the catcher dropped the ball. He jogged up next to the plate, stopped, and then realized when the Catcher tagged him, that he didn't have the ball. so he casually reached his foot for the plate and the pitcher (backing up the play) tagged him first

Just watched the game (in fast forward) on the TiVo. After seeing De La Rosa pitch today, it is hard to not be excited. His curveball is absolutely devastating to a left handed hitter. It has a 11-5 bend and really buckles the knees. Willie Harris had no chance (twice) and Scotty Po ducked on a pitch that just missed being a strike.

Other interesting observations was it appears he is taking some off his fastball to improve the location. The gun was reporting on CSNC on some pitches and his fastball hung around 90 (when he threw it for a strike). Other times, including his WP, he really let it go and was mid 90's easily. De La Rosa also showed a nice changeup that had a lot of movement to it.

At worst, I think he will be a good lefty reliever this year and a limitless potential moving forward. Now I can see how some have compared him to Johan Santana.

Remaining options or no, Milwaukee is the right place for him. Maddux seems to have already worked wonders. Hopefully they can keep it up.

I was just imagining Lyle, Lee, Jenks, and Prince in the same batting order. That would be ridiculous. Obviously it doesn't quite work defensively, barring a Jenks shift to CF, but it's fun to think about.

CHI WHITE SOX (17) AT MILWAUKEE (9) CHI WHITE SOX AB R H BI MILWAUKEE AB R H BI S Podsednik lf 3 1 2 0 B Clark cf 4 2 2 1 J Borchard lf-rf 2 1 2 0 D Krynzel cf 1 0 0 0 W Harris 2b 4 1 1 1 J Spivey 2b 4 0 1 0 T Perez ph 1 0 0 0 P Fielder 1b 2 2 1 3 G Molina ph 1 0 0 0 C Lee lf 3 1 1 3 P Konerko 1b 3 1 1 0 T Durrington pr-l 1 0 1 0 R Gload 1b 2 2 1 1 G Jenkins rf 3 0 0 0 J Dye rf 4 1 1 2 R Weeks 2b 2 0 0 0 P Ozuna lf 2 1 2 0 W Helms 3b 3 0 0 0 A Rowand cf 4 1 3 2 B Hall ss 4 1 1 0 T Alvarez cf 2 2 0 0 C Moeller c 3 0 1 0 J Uribe ss 6 1 4 4 P Borders c 1 0 0 0 C Widger c 6 1 2 1 J Hardy ph 1 1 1 0 J Crede 3b 4 3 4 1 C Hart rf 2 1 1 0 F Martinez 3b 2 0 0 0 J Lehr p 0 0 0 0 T Iguchi ph 2 1 1 2 J Santana p 0 0 0 0 W Valdez ph-2b 3 0 1 0 B Kieschnick p 1 1 1 1 F Castro p 0 0 0 0 T Phelps p 0 0 0 0 L Vizcaino p 0 0 0 0 V Santos p 0 0 0 0 D Marte p 0 0 0 0 J De La Rosa p 1 0 0 0 D Hermanson p 0 0 0 0 J Garland p 0 0 0 0 J Fields p 0 0 0 0 TOTALS 51 17 25 14 TOTALS 36 9 11 8 CHI WHITE SOX 008 110 124 -- 17 MILWAUKEE 003 020 004 -- 9 E--B Hall, P Fielder, C Hart. DP--CHI WHITE SOX 1, MILWAUKEE 1. LOB--CHI WHITE SOX 9, MILWAUKEE 5. 2B--C Widger, J Dye, P Konerko, J Borchard, T Iguchi, J Crede, B Clark, J Hardy. 3B--S Podsednik, C Moeller. HR--J Crede 1 (1) (off T Phelps), J Uribe 1 (2) (off V Santos), C Lee 1 (5) (off J Fields), P Fielder 1 (3) (off D Hermanson). S--S Podsednik. IP H R ER BB SO HR CHI WHITE SOX J Garland (W,2-0) 2 0 0 0 1 2 0 J Fields 2 3 3 3 1 4 1 F Castro 2 3 2 2 1 0 0 L Vizcaino 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 D Marte 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 D Hermanson 1 5 4 4 0 1 1 MILWAUKEE V Santos (L,0-2) 2 1-3 10 8 8 0 0 1 J De La Rosa 2 2-3 5 2 2 1 3 0 T Phelps 2 3 1 1 0 0 0 J Lehr 1 2 2 0 0 0 0 J Santana 2-3 5 4 1 0 1 0 B Kieschnick 1-3 0 0 0 0 0 0 WP--J De La Rosa. HBP--C Lee by D Marte, W Helms by J Garland. BALK--D Marte, F Castro. SO--CHA: W Harris 2, J Uribe, G Molina. MIL: J Spivey 2, R Weeks 2, W Helms, C Lee, C Hart, B Hall, G Jenkins, B Clark. BB--CHA: P Konerko. MIL: P Fielder 3. T--3:01. A--4,754. 

~Bill

Add Weeks into that and you got....

Weeks, Lyle, Lee, Jenks, and Prince. If that doesn't make you frowth at the mouth, nothing will.

Yeah. Sigh.

If we ever find a stud 3b, this team is going to be s-i-c-k.

I want to once again voice my concern about our bullpen. I just don't see how this group is going to hold up. Not one of our relievers outside of Adams has completed a successful major league season. Not one.

Not one of our relievers outside of Adams has completed a successful major league season. Not one.

Botallico has....Not to imply that I think he is going to do well this season-just pointing out he has had success in the past. A case could be made for Kieshnick too, he has at least had some average seasons.

Archived