Brewer Fanatic

3/24/05 - Seattle (Sele) @ Brewers (Hendrickson), 2:00 PM CT

squarepusher
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While Spring Training is meaningless it has to be a little discomforting for Yost and company that as their every day lineup plays deeper and deeper into the games, the blowout losses start to pile up. Spivey and Lee are probably still a bit rusty but I would have expected the team to be playing better especially against a stiff like Aaron Sele.

From today's game notes:

Still no roster moves.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY: To outfielder Corey Hart who celebrates his 23rd birthday today... The lanky Kentuckian shares his special day with NFL MVP Peyton Manning (29), Actor Steve McQueen (would have been 75) and Magician Harry Houdini (who would have been 131)... On this date in 1930, a recently discovered planet was officially named Pluto.

IN THE PEN: Following Hendrickson to the hill today will be: RHP Wes Obermueller (#33) and RHP Derrick Turnbow (#59).

No minor leaguers with the big club today (other than those in big league camp, obviously).

~Bill

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Clancy is there a question of yours that Daron doesn't answer? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He answered my Hurricane Hernan explanation.

Edit:

Sweet! Four free tickets!!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

My thinking exactly Jopal. We seem to start out well when our minors are playing their minors. But once again our starters are getting whipped and the defense has been shoddy. Looks like Ben is headed for Nashville.

But once again our starters are getting whipped and the defense has been shoddy.

well, there will be reasons why this team will lose close to 90 games again this year, one of them being shoddy defense, the other being below average offense, and the last being inconsistent pitching.

I believe Obie just locked up the 5th spot.

It might not be the worst idea in the world to piggy back starters:

Obie/Glover or Obie/Wise or Wise/Glover with the odd man out available for long relief or emergency starts. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I don't trust Obie in innings 4-6.

Quote:
I believe Obie just locked up the 5th spot.

I'm all for Obie getting one more chance (and last one if it doesn't work out). We actually have options this year, so we don't have to wait a fourth of a season to see if he's going to work out or not. Give him 3-4 starts, and if he sucks, throw him back in the pen to regain his form.

Archived