Brewer Fanatic

Will Nix and Nelson leave after the season?

DrWood
I think they will both be FA if they aren't on the 40 man roster at the end of the year. I think Nelson could still possibly have a ML career, and he was the top prospect in the organization a few years ago.

I would think it's far more likely that Nix has a solid career as a 4/5 outfielder. Nelson's best path would be like a Graham Koonce, where he suddenly figures it all out at a later age

I'd say it's pretty much a lock that they are gone, and unfortunately Sarfate too. It stinks really, because I'm still holding out hope until the very end for a turn around. Especially with Dennis, he throws so hard that if he could just locate his pitches, look out. I have a bad feeling he's going to end up JDLR and figure it out someplace else. The flip side is that you can only give a guy so many chances before you have to move on. Especially since they have a realistic shot to contend this year and for the next 4-5 seasons easy.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived