Brewer Fanatic

3/27/05 - Brewers (Davis) @ Rangers (Rogers), 8 PM CT, FSN

squarepusher
Does anyone else slightly worry about Mark A's knowledge of baseball and his desire to keep together a winning team? I really don't mean to sound negative but he is sounding more and more like his true motives may be putting people in the seats, even if that's without assembling a great team. It just seems like he doesn't really fit into the midwestern mentality, but obviously he has plenty of time to adapt. But as long as he lets melvin do his thing, i'm not too worried.

If anybody knows Mark Attanasio's son's band's website (how's that for triplicate possessives?), please post. The name of the band is Flare or Flair or some variation there of... I was just curious and wanted to check them out.

Gracias,

~Bill

Wow, seriously disappointed here. Wish someone would have kept track of the game. Oh well, after one too many Easter drinks its time to hit the sack. I'll have to catch the recap tomorrow.

SBS, Ja, 950 you guys should be ashamed. Of course I am just kidding, or am I.

Let me say that the bottom of the 8th was some of the worst defense that I've ever seen in professional baseball. Ben Grieve would have been of more use than Corey Hart. Seriously.

Rickie Weeks wasn't much better.

Someone should save that as Example #1 in the myth of fielding percentage.

Robert

okay, wound up making it to the game.

Defense was terrible. How did we make zero errors? My defensive miscues notes:

-Hall boots sharp ball to backhand side once again because he fails to slide infront of it.

-Hall charges nicely, but bobbles ball, only getting one out on the play (Hardy would have had DP)

-Hart with the two miscues in RF. In defense of the first one, he got the out at 2nd. For the second, there was a breeze, but any of us would have caught it. Needs to focus better or something.

-Hart and Weeks with a miscue. In fairness, it was a blooper in no-man's land with a breeze.

-Weeks with ball through his legs cause he didn't get glove down.

other thoughts:

-Hart has a cannon in RF. Arm probably as good or better than Jenkins. Must be back to 100%

-Cirillo looks in great shape, some great throws.

-Magruder still looks awkward on balls. One hit to left to lead off their rally, he started in, stopped, then waited, then ran in to field it. We'll never know if it was catchable

-Fielder runs well, Weeks flies, and Krynzel can't be thrown out on bunt attempts.

-In the ill-fated bottom of the 8th, my count was that Adams/Phelps had to earn 7 outs to get out of the inning.

-Hall with 2 hits on balls to RF....he should never try to go to left.

-why oh why won't teams pitch to Prince??? He's homered in 3 of the 4 games I've been to.

-someone running to first in the 9th or 8th (I think Weeks) was called out at 1st, but beat it by a step. Absolutely terrible call that had the fans booing. Also, Davis appeared to pick off two guys at first, but was hosed by the ump.

-Lee, Jenkins, and Magruder with nice hits.

Someone should send a tape of that game to Clancy. That should dispel any notion of Corey Hart to third base.

I'm probably overreacting, but last night Corey Hart looked like his future was at first base on someone else's team.

Robert

David Krynzel looked good at the plate especially his bunt up the 3rd base line.

Hart looked very confused last night in the field.

Weeks damm looks like Gary Sheef at Bat.

Fielder has a great eye for the plate and will be an excellent player

Archived