Brewer Fanatic

3/29/05 - Cubs (Mitre) at Brewers (de la Rosa), 2 PM CT

MassBrew
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is ridiculous!! My optimism for this season is quickly sliding away. First I get the privelidge of watching that mess on Sunday night, then I read about the mess yesterday, and now another mess today. Throw in the fact that Miller gets hit in the hand with a pitch today and "may" be a bad injury, and things are not looking pretty! Oh, and our bullpen might be the worst in major league history. Yuck! Let's hope Miller isn't hurt bad, and that everything straightens out early next week when things start up for real.

Madtown

I have to agree. I have a feeling this season might turn out worse than the last 2 or 3. This pitching staff is brutal.

I can't believe how awful they are playing right now. This is bad news. I just laid down 1800 for a big screen today. I hope I don't have to watch opposing teams run up double digits every time Sheets doesn't pitch.

I am growing very concerned about this team.

Not panicking quite yet, but if the season starts on a sour note, my optimism may start to deteriorate. We're allowing somewhere around 7 runs a game this spring, but I'm confident we can get that down to 6.5 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif. Houston's giving up just as many runs as us per game, but I doubt anybody thinks their staff will suck as bad as it has this spring. Hopefully we can turn it around (and quickly).

Even though there was a report that it doesn't look serious there NEEDS to be some retaliation. For Pete's sake...the Cubs hit our starting catcher. PLEASE GET BACK AT THEM!!!
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

holy crap people, RELAX!!

Jeesh!

New idea, instead of getting all excited because someone went 3-3 in their second game of the spring and thinking they are gonna be awesome this year, and then getting all upset thinking they are gonna suck after going 0-4, try finding a middle ground.

Again though, some of you actually thought this would be the year we were gonna hit 500? LOL!!

I will believe it when I see it, but not until then, not with the scrubs we still have on this team, and the bullpen that is way below average in terms of success so far in the Major Leagues.

I also laugh at those who said that people overvalue defense. LOL. Yeah, OK. see today, see yesterday, see last year.

I also laugh at those who said that people overvalue defense. LOL. Yeah, OK. see today, see yesterday, see last year.

Hardy, I wish my life was so enjoyable that I could laugh out loud as much as you do.

Quote:
Hardy, I wish my life was so enjoyable that I could laugh out loud as much as you do.

Why cant you, read the game threads every day. They are hilarious.

Seriously, one day one guy is a god, the next day he is a chump. One day we are gonna contend for a playoff spot, or have a winning record, and the next we are destined to lose 100 games again.

I cant help but find that really really funny.

Also, Im not surprised you want to be like me, I get that alothttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
For the record, I've always said defense at 1st base is overrated. It's not for a middle infielder.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I am growing very concerned about this team.

I don't think I've seen anything that would almost guarantee the Brewers making the playoffs, but that's prety close. If scoop is worried, then we should all be prepared for a great season. Thanks scoop, see you in October

Quote:
Seriously, one day one guy is a god, the next day he is a chump. One day we are gonna contend for a playoff spot, or have a winning record, and the next we are destined to lose 100 games again.

Amen Hardy, it's spring training! I think some people read too much into what happens in these games. The enthusiasm is good, but it can go overboard.

I have voiced my concern over our bullpen several times on these boards and have been for the most part royally flamed. I do not base my pessimism on a history of pessimism...I'm not like that. I am also not basing it on today or the spring season in general. I am basing it on the individuals histories and lack of success and/or experience. Other than Bott and Adams none of these pitchers has put together a successful major league season. To believe that we can patch together a bunch of hard throwing cast-offs into a pen is naiive. They all have either past injury or command issues or both. I love what Melvin has done with the team but it is clear our bullpen is going to be atrocious. And what is with the talk of showcasing JDLR? Why on earth would we trade a young LH who has actually shown some promise and hasn't had his elbow or shoulder reworked? At least I don't think he has.

Chicago sucks.

Anyone notice that the two biggest additions to the Brewers have already been plunked by their former Chicago teams? What we should do is slip a submarine into Lake Michigan and torpedo the hell out of that damn city. And someone slap a Brewerfan.net bumper sticker on the back of that U-Boat.

Quote:
Anyone notice that the two biggest additions to the Brewers have already been plunked by their former Chicago teams? What we should do is slip a submarine into Lake Michigan and torpedo the hell out of that damn city. And someone slap a Brewerfan.net bumper sticker on the back of that U-Boat.

I'll be at your service Oh Captain my Captain! Do you think we could steal that submarine from the Science and Industry Museum?

EDIT: I don't think we need to torpedo the city, maybe someone could just sneeze near one of the support columns of Wrigley and watch it crumble to the ground.

Archived