Brewer Fanatic

3/29/05 - Cubs (Mitre) at Brewers (de la Rosa), 2 PM CT

MassBrew
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a pitcher, you have to be able to look past the errors that are made, because that's going to happen. You have to be able to pitch through it and not let if affect you. With our relatively young staff, I fear that this will be a sore spot with our pen. And if our defense is any indication of how the year is going to turn out defensively, I think this might be an area of major concern.I really hope I'm wrong and the crew is just slow to shake off the defensive rust.

I can't figure out JDLR. When I saw him at Maryvale two weeks ago, he was filthy -- he looked like he had figured it out and would be a dependable arm out of the pen. Then there is today...

Not much of a confidence inspiring performance.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

NSimps,

You know Hee Sop is two teams removed from the Cubs right?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I can't figure out JDLR. When I saw him at Maryvale two weeks ago, he was filthy -- he looked like he had figured it out and would be a dependable arm out of the pen. Then there is today...

Not much of a confidence inspiring performance.

As I said, very frustrating. For JDLR it's all about command. When he gets behind, as he did today on almost every hitter, he gets spanked.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
OK, now I understand. Thanks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Right now The Pen has to be a Major Concern for Doug.

The pitchers are pitching like Crap and something needs to be doneASAP.

also Santos and del la Rosa should be stuck in the Pen

because they were both Outpitched by Glover and Obbie

Could it be worse? Well, their starting catcher could get hit on the hand with a pitch, potentially sidelining him and leaving MKE with Moeller and 41 year old Pat Borders behind the plate.

You mean like that?

Archived