Brewer Fanatic

04/08/05 - Brewers (Capuano) @ Cubs (Wood), 1:20 PM CT

squarepusher
  • Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only are we 3-0, but we're 3-0 on the road, and 2 of those wins was in our least favorite stadium.

We swept the Pirates and spoiled the Cubs home opener. Our offense is looking solid, our pitching is looking solid, and everything is going our way at the moment. A win tomorrow would be huge.

And how about Spivey?

I know it's very very early, but it's a lot of fun to watch Brewers baseball right now.

950opsLHcatcher

He has set up the bullpen in spring training, probably has had some input. In any case, he has been the constant in the bullpen from the Sal Bando era through the present, and the bullpens have usually been this team's strength in past years.

and it sure would be nice if Jenkins would get going. Good to see Lyle with a good day.

Brady may not get a hit the rest of the year but the OBP will be solid. He has more HBP than K's!

Castro has been with the Brewers for so long through thin and thinner that I don't know why he won't be around for the forseeable future. He has to have one of the worst records during a bullpen coach tenure, but we've almost always had decent bullpens. He really is an asset to the team.

Quote:
that was probley the most enjoyed game i have seen in the last 10 years, along with that comback when hall hit the GW homer

You forget that one against Prior and the Scrubs last year when Dusty pulls him too soon, only to have Jenks tee off against Farnsworth!!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Well, I have been teaching all day and also am teaching at my 2nd job. It is awesome to teach computers at night. This way I could go back through the huge game thread and then find out who won. I was hoping for a running game log, but I guess this was pretty exciting. I almost could see the whole game this way.

Thanks, everyone for an awesome thread.

~Paul

I thought we were toast when DLR came in showing no control,i would have bet anything he would walk a few guys that inning.

Thankfully we won,after blowing countless scoring chances,that would have been a tough loss.Then again the Cubs were one strike from winning in the 9th,Overbay was a bit luckt to hit that double.

What a day...everyone in my office (I live and work in Chicago) were givving me a hard time (I keep a sweet '82 Brewers poster I eBayed on my office wall) but when LaTroy blew that save (and I knew he would) they shut up pretty quickly. Someone turned the game on in a conference room and when Billy Hall hit into that DP and I saw DLR come on I took off and hit the local bar because I didn't want to hear it when Jorge gave up the walk-off homer. To my surprise the Crew was still in it when I got to the bar and lo and behold, a few innings later I was the only one in the place cheering when Jr. mashed the game-winning RBIs to the chagrin of everyone else. One woman even looked at me disgustedly and said "A Milwaukee fan!"

The best was the train ride home...I live near Wrigley, so when I got off at my station a bunch of despondent Cubs fans got on and I clapped loudly and Bronx-cheered "Alright, LaTroy! Good job!" One guy laughed, the rest kinda glared at me. Sure, it was the beer talking and I know it's one game very very ealry on but still, too much fun. If Sheets or DD can win one more this weekend I'll feel good going into the office Monday.

Again, kudos to DLR and Junior.

The best thing to come out of this game is that we know we can win when someone is struggling....Jenkins K's 4 times and we still get the victory....I am so hyped right now, Capuano pitched a magnificent game, which against other teams/pitchers would have been a W for him, Miller looked great behind the plate, and the bullpen looked solid....the only other player (besides Jenkins) to struggle was Wes Helms, who is beginning to solidfy his spot as the #3 3B.

Thanks for the running comments guys. I had to go away in the 10th inning. I did read the entire thread. And one post actually made sense.

Truthfully, you all make being part of our diverse clan enjoyable.

Now, onto the minor league links!

Jenks: "Sometimes you just aren't seeing the ball well..."

Yeah, like for the past YEAR?? Cripes, you don't have to see it that well to not swing at balls that are going to HIT you. Blech.

I predicted the game would go nine innings and the team with the most runs would win. 50% isn't bad at all!!!!

I am a master predictor, may you all bow before me!!!!

BTW, the Brewers are in sole possession of the best record in the Majors. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

I just read from page eight on (that's when I signed off this afternoon; using a 50-posts-per-page setup) and this is just a phenomenal game thread. Kudos to everyone for a fine job today and to the Brewers for being the most awesomest team ever.

Woohoo.

~Bill

Archived