Brewer Fanatic

04/09/05 - Brewers (Sheets) @ Cubs (Zambrano), 1:20 PM CT

squarepusher

I find that message board kind of difficult to read. Too many pictures by the posters. And the pasting of the post being replied to inside the post (if that makes sense), is pretty annoying if you are just trying to find the current post-which more often than not, was just a one sentence reply. It makes me happy to have the format we do at Brewerfan.net. Thanks Brewerfan!

I couldn't agree more. I love our look so much more than many others I've seen.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, incase anybody wants a laugh, here is yesterday's gamethread from our friends at northsidebaseball.com

I only made it through one page before wanting to shoot myself because of all the freaking image sigs. Yeesh.

Agreed, Toby. I think Helms' remaining days are numbered.

They gotta be. Really seems to hurt the team's flexibility when three of the hitter spots on the roster are filled with guys that only play 3rd. Especially when one of those is making money grossly disproportionate to his likely contribution. How could Yost have pinch hit for Jenkins late in the game with nobody to play his position?

Yeah, Dusty sure was a genious to let Leicester throw practically forever, especially when he had proven to be grossly ineffective in the previous two innings. Dusty's poor bullpen management cost them the game yesterday. Not to mention that Wood was all over the place and never even should have faced Branyan to walk in that run. If you seriously believe that Dusty handles a staff better than Ned, you're not going to find a lot of people that agree with you.

Its funny that guys who were slamming Magruder's defense and Yost for using him as a replacement for Clark in game two vs. the Pirates would have liked to see him play right for six innings yesterday.

Plus, you've had a fit everytime Magruder has faced a righty this year. If Yost pulls Jenks, Magruder would have had at least one additional AB vs. RHP yesterday.

Of course, you're also ignoring the fact that Jenks was 1/2 off lefties yesterday with a double.... but why let results get in the way of blind criticism, right?

Magruder in right for six innings and with 2 more AB's, or Jenkins for the remaining six inning? Seems like Ned made the right move to me. Not a lot of managers are going to sit someone with almost a .900 OPS vs. RHP for the rest of the game in that situation.

Seriously, what is your beef with Ned? You go out of your way to criticise and complain about any and all moves that he makes. Did he run over your dog or something?

Quote:
Dusty is so far ahead of Yost that he knew he could warm up two lefties and Ned still wouldn't pull Jenkins.

Everyone lay of Geoff Jenkins. For crying out loud..he had a bad day at the plate yesterday against one of the biggest strikeout pitchers of this era. The season is 3 games old and people are already calling for Geoff's head. He will help the Brewers win their fair share of games this year, despite his propensity to strike out. There is no way Geoff Jenkins should ever be hit for late in a game because of his proven ability to come up with big hits. Geoff Jenkins has earned the right to fight through a rough game and try to win it late with a big hit.

Quote:
I'd still start Cirillo since Zambrano has such filthy movement. Either him or Branyan is fine though. Here's to hoping Ben is pissed about how the Cubbies treated him last year and throws a gem. Although those flyballs in the 1st game won't cut it. Might need to rack up the K's

I'm down with racking up the K's.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif Something along the lines of 7 IP, 4H, 1ER, 12 K, 0 BB would be fantastic.

Well, along with the most important stat of the day, 1 W.

MILWAUKEE AT CHICAGO CUBS -- LINEUPS MILWAUKEE CHICAGO CUBS AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Brady Clark CF .200 0 2 Corey Patterson CF .300 0 2 Junior Spivey 2B .438 1 3 Todd Walker 2B .538 0 1 Lyle Overbay 1B .333 0 3 Nomar Garciaparra SS .211 0 3 Carlos Lee LF .333 1 5 Aramis Ramirez 3B .267 1 4 Geoff Jenkins RF .200 0 1 Jeromy Burnitz RF .316 0 1 Russell Branyan 3B .375 0 3 Derrek Lee 1B .375 1 5 Chad Moeller C .250 0 0 Todd Hollandsworth LF .286 1 3 J.J. Hardy SS .250 0 2 Henry Blanco C .000 0 0 Ben Sheets RHP .000 0 0 Carlos Zambrano RHP .333 0 0 (1-0, 2.57) (0-0, 5.79)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Quote:
another game, another day for wes helms to come off the bench.

allow me to rephrase:

Another game, another day for Wes Helms to STAY on the bench.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

almost time!!! i cant wait, should be a great matchup. As for starting Helms... when they pinch hit him yesterday i said (and i quote) "oh [expletive], wes helms..." and he certainly didnt disappoint. Going down LOOKING in extra innings with runners on base. Absolutely pitiful.

Ok guys the line on this game is 7.5 I agian took the over, just becuase the bull pens have been cracked into yesterday.

Still 1-1 in my ya-ya guesses, (note: if brewers dont hit one during the game its a no play)

ya-ya today: none other than 3T0 , yes Russ will help da crew today http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Beer records

Bush light 2-0

Bud light 1-0

I am drinking Stroh's Light today (cheap beer I know)

6-4 crew wins

GO BREWERS

You're right. I'm sure Ned just knew that he'd get two two out hits in the top of the ninth to go to extra innings. It makes perfect sense then to have your pitcher try a hit an run to get an out and to throw away a bases loaded opportunity in the 7th!

Quote:
fyi, i edited the post to keep it more appropriate

See? Self-moderating boardhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Don't you wish you had that environment over at, say, SB?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived