Brewer Fanatic

04/10/05 - Brewers (Santos) @ Cubs (Maddux), 1:20 PM CT

squarepusher

I'd rather try to score Clark from first on a double (you know, something Overbay does a lot of) than having him try to steal.

Yep, you're 100% correct on this one. I'm all for aggressiveness on the paths, but you have to pick your spots better than that.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Yeah, but he was very good in 2003 and was terrible last season. The trend line seems to indicate that he's lost a step or four.

Well I would think its more a case of small sample size coming into play. He's hardly an amazing basestealer and that was a bad spot for him to be going. I just don't think you can call him a bad base stealer given his history, not yet at least. Not very many guys are going to steal on that pitch, the hitter has to protect him there.

Well I would think its more a case of small sample size coming into play.

That could well be. Maybe I was just spoiled by Scotty Po. I just hope that Yost realizes that Clark is not someone who is a Weapon on the bases like Po.

~Bill

I would imagine that Brady Clark has earned the right to run on his own. So, that was either a missed hit and run by Lyle (Clark did look back in at the plate), or a very poor decision (based on the count) by Clark.

And, if Helms had struck out looking (at all 3 strikes, by the way) most people on here would have been ripping him a new one. But Branyan did it, so it barely got noticed. Hmmmmm

Archived