Brewer Fanatic

04/10/05 - Brewers (Santos) @ Cubs (Maddux), 1:20 PM CT

squarepusher
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turnbow still looks unimpressive like in Spring Training. Sure he throws hard. Sure he has movement. But on about 2/3rds of his pitches he has no idea where the ball will go. Miller is moving all over the place after he's set up.

You said it. A deserved loss. Very deserved. Had opportunities to hit in guys, blew those. Phelps comes in clueless. Blew that inning. Just terrible execution. I give Yost some blame for this loss too. I don't care what you say, Jenkins should've been bunting for a sacrifice last inning. Then the idiot K's. Not good. Probably revert back to last year's ways and get swept by the Pirates.

As much of an unbelievable great comeback that we had on Friday, this was an unbelievably pathetic effort. Any time you have a 3 run lead late in the game you MUST get a win. And with all the chances we had late in the game.....ugh.

Let's hope this isn't the start of a trend and take out our frustrations on Pittsburgh. Dammit, we could have been 4-1!!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Was Santos at his pitch count? I watched live and didn't follow the box...with a 3 run lead, do you really need to pull a guy who is throwing a 3-hitter? JDLR was nasty again, but why isn't he the 6-7 inning guy?

Wow I swear I was back in 2004. Just pathetic hitting with RISP. Over .500 after the opening road trip is still solid, but didn't want to end it on two straight losses. Start over again tomorrow, Davis at the home opener.

Yost's managing style has created a bunch of wusses. He coddles Helms into a big wuss and now it's starting to rub off on everyone else. We have turned these guys into a bunch that get hits left and right in non-pressure situations. But when the game is on the line they all take until two strikes and then flail away for strike three.

What the heck happened to managing with your darn head, huh Yost? Did he play a hunch with Jenkins there? They guy is slumping, and even more important has been pressing in tight sitations for 2+ years now, and you don't have him drop a bunt. You'll take the bat out of Branyan's hands to drop one down but not Jenks. Branyan's a better hitter than Jenkins right now.

When you coddle these clowns and don't humble them once in while they become a bunch of wusses. And wusses don't get clutch hits.

You can bring in new talent but when your manager coddles egos until they become Wes Helmsesque, you get too many friggin' losses like this one.

Maybe 3 centerfielders make that catch...this one isn't on his head...would have liked to see him make the catch, but it wasn't a gimmee by any means...love all the Hall harrasment too guys, JJ hasn't exactly been lighting it up behind the plate either, but Hall made some very nice plays in the field... sheesh, if this team doesn't win every game, this forum believes we should cut half the roster. This game came down to 2 lucky high choppers, and some poor clutch hitting, there are 157 more games to go...

Archived