Brewer Fanatic

04/11/05 - Pirates (Wells) @ Brewers (Davis), 1:05 PM CT

squarepusher
What would people say if Yost started Wesley Helms tomorrow against Redman instead of Cirillo? I would love to see it, for the simple fact that this board would get really hot and heated on why Cirillo isn't playing. Actually, I WANT Jeff to play....it was nice to see the Brewers fans show him some love today...I'm sure he won't forget that.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the game...

loads of fun...

Branyan rules.....

Wes Helms got LOUDLY booed during pregame introductions. It was sort of uncomfortable. I am as happy as everyone that Wes is no longer getting any playing time but the booing during pregame was sort of harsh.

Anyway.....4-2.....lookin good.

Yeah, I can see how that would be uncomfortable seeing Wes get booed. The thing is, he is STILL a Brewer and he shouldn't get that kind of a "welcome."

Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to play over Cirillo or Russell the Muscle, but he did try his hardest to get into shape this off-season and he probably feels all the hard work was for nothing.

"I probably shouldn't be hanging on every half-inning," Mark Attanasio said Monday, hours before Opening Day at Miller Park. "But for now, I am."

Nobody else noticed Mark A giving Bill Schroeder the total cold shoulder in the interview booth? Please if someone taped or tivoed the game go back and tell me I am wrong. It was so dead obvious to me.

great game!! Branyan really has become a fan favorite already! Jenkins again blows an inning with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 outhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif Davis pitched 7 solid, the bullpen looks good, and I got Mr. Attanasio's autograph!

Daron all but announced that Cirillo would get the start at 3B tomorrow. I would be very surprised to see Wes in the lineup. I imagine that Jeff will get a rather sizable ovation from the buckethead crowd tomorrow as well, although it would be interesting to see how they treat Branyan.

In my opinion, the production we've gotten from the 3B position is by far the most pleasant surprise of the first week.

Here's an interview with Cirillo after the game. He mentions that he'll remember the big ovation he got for the rest of his life and that he was disappointed that Helms got booed because everyone's trying their hardest to help the team win.

www.jsonline.com/multimed...49&id=8660

You listen to the guy, and you realize why Cirillo is so popular in Milwaukee. If fans see Cirillo as symbolic of the Brewers' new attitude, then (with the help of a few wins) all of the negativism of the past 12+ seasons will soon be forgotten and the team will once again become immensely popular in the State.

The Muscle is the new fan favorite. 3TO, baby... the Revolution has begun.

It just really sucks that for everyone outside of WI that the revolution will not be televised.

It sucks that Cafe Press doesn't offer amber-tinted hunting glasses. A pair of those babies sporting the 3TO logo would probably be the coolest thing ever, not to mention I'd prolly get about infinity women every time I wore them,

Quote:
Nobody else noticed Mark A giving Bill Schroeder the total cold shoulder in the interview booth? Please if someone taped or tivoed the game go back and tell me I am wrong. It was so dead obvious to me.

im watching the FSN replay as we speak, and you're absolutely right. Its kind of funny actually.

I really think Wes should start tomorrow. His last couple of years v lefties should earn him that start. Good luck to him. I dont think he is a good player. And I think Ned, by showing favouritism, really hurt him. But I sure hope Ned does not now show ANTI-favouritism. Let Wes start. Actually, if he does not start, is there any reason to keep him on the team?

Note that we know for sure Wes will be gone after this year. And I will bet for sure Cirillo is back next year and the year after (note in his interview today he said he wants to retire here, be it next year or in three years).

I would love to see Branyan as the 90% guy at third next year with Cirillo as the backup and old head from the bench... let us just think of him as The Weapon II.

I went to the game today, and I was a little uncomfortable with the Helms booing. I am as big a supporter of Branyan as anybody, and have disliked Helms for a long time. However, I thought it was uncalled for on Opening Day, and also when he has been on the bench to start the season.

This I liked: Branyan's first home run went way more than 465 more like over 500 ft. Jorge De La Rosa got a good ovation as did Cirillo. Wise and Adams pitched well.

I think the casual fan is finally excited. It's good to see.

With the big game today by Russel and how much "small sample" success that Jeff has had i doubt that Wes will get the start tommorow. I think Helms is as good as gone and once one team is in need of a 3rd basemen we will be free of helms.. But in my mind if not a platoon with Jeff and Russel it is Russel's all alone1

What a great opener. I was a bit late so I didnt get to see Helms get booed... but yea... If it happened I dont like it. But man I think I even got goosebumps when Cirillo got the standing O. It was great. Welcome back!!!

Branyon, I couldnt believe how long he hit that first one, and come on can we get some Brady love? A HR, he produces, he is a baseball player and all you need to see is his hitting average vs his obp.... he will do whatever to get on base and help his team.

Archived