Brewer Fanatic

04/12/05 - Pirates (Redman) @ Brewers (Glover), 6:35 PM CT

squarepusher

Stats are only a couple of mouseclicks away on the inter-web!

Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that.

I fully agree square, but the proximity of these 2 quotes is just hilariously ironic.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. Not thinking Old Neddy is going to do much tinkering with the line-up tonight. Probably pretty similar to what we saw on Opening Day against LHP Oliver Perez sans Chad Moeller. Maybe something like...

CF Clark/2B Spivey/1B Overbay

LF C. Lee/RF Jenkins/C Miller

3B Cirillo/SS Hardy/ P G-Love

Also, while I hope you prediction is accurate Square. I'm not too confident in G-Love getting past the 6th inning. Especially considering he hasn't thrown more than 6 innings in a Major League Game since August of 2002. Hopefully, G-Love proves me wrong.

I will predict that G-Love breaks the Brewers' pitchers offensive silence tonight and gets a base-knock off the soft-tossing lefty.

scoop53714

Brewerfan.net All-Star

(4/10/05 3:12 pm)

Reply Re: brewers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Branyans bombs are not far away.....he is squaring on the ball every time. A flurry of 500 foot rockets are in the near future for Russell.

My studly predictions continue to be right on the MONEY! I haven't miss a thing from the start of the season. Don't be jealous guys. Someday, you will be able to see things a step ahead like I do. Its sort of like the "Searching for Bobby Fischer" line....."...don't move until you see it".

Fear not, I will offer some of my predictions and analysis soon.

In case you missed it....

Spiveys 1st HR was called.

Sheets innings on opening day was called

His hits and k's were each off by one (sorry)

Kerry Woods innings and walks called.(of by 2 outs)

Branyans pending 500 ft bombs. (off by 35 feet)

Adams first save was called.

Predicted an 8-1 win game #2. Final was 9-2. (seven run margin). Not bad.

Those are it for the 1st 6 games.

I dont recall any other predictions so correct me if I missed anything.

Careful, Scoop. You know what happens when you taste a little success in the predicting / wagering world! I will help you:

1) World will come back to normal (no one can be lucky all the time)

2) Your friends will 'remind' you mercilessly when the world is back to normal. As Cher would say 'Are you strong enough?'

Playmaker. No worries. While Redman did have much success against the Brew Crew in years past. We now have El Caballo. And he knows the secret of hitting Mark Redman and he'll share that with his teamates. Carlos' career numbers against Redman... .348 (8-23, 2 HR).

Given that Redman probably knows those numbers well, I'd expect the lefty to pitch around El Caballo most of the night.

PITTSBURGH AT MILWAUKEE -- LINEUPS PITTSBURGH MILWAUKEE AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Matt Lawton RF .286 0 3 Brady Clark CF .240 1 3 Jack Wilson SS .208 0 1 Junior Spivey 2B .333 2 4 Jason Bay CF .300 0 1 Lyle Overbay 1B .273 1 4 Rob Mackowiak 2B .188 0 0 Carlos Lee LF .280 1 6 Craig Wilson LF .318 0 3 Geoff Jenkins RF .185 0 1 Daryle Ward 1B .000 0 1 Damian Miller C .471 1 1 Ty Wigginton 3B .160 0 1 Jeff Cirillo 3B .333 1 2 David Ross C .143 0 2 J.J. Hardy SS .167 0 2 Mark Redman LHP .000 0 0 Gary Glover RHP .000 0 0 (0-0, 0.00) (0-0, 0.00) 6:58 PM ET

Archived